Costco finds

You had also asked about the Sukhi’s meatballs upthread. They were OK, but nothing special. Kind of dry, as sauce wasn’t included. Coconut-mango flavor, IIRC. I’m not sure that would go well with their sauces anyway.

1 Like

1 Like

I’ve seen that in some of the central OC Costcos. Is it legit? I’m not a fan of the super fatty varietals.

New to me; I’m not Asian enough these days to have any sort of need for a pack that size…

1 Like

(later edit) Didn’t buy the above, but that y’all would get a kick out of the pic. Love the Coconut Clusters and the Harmless Harvest coconut water (the latter of which is half the price vs. Bristol Farms). Also got the first time the Sukhi’s chicken tikka and coconut chicken, the Victoria organic marinara, the Monte Pollino fettucine (in these gorgeous nests), and the lobster ravioli.

Has anybody ever tried the fettucine or the ravioli?

They were giving samples of this. They were… odd but not unpleasant . Sort of like (lightly) Indian-spiced Cheetos?

And of course Costco doesn’t only sell food…

They also had fresh, potted plants available today (!).

3 Likes

I had a roommate, family from Shanghai, who went through pounds of that stuff at a record pace. He used to make fried rice with it seemingly several times per week.

Those sausages are great in chili and “spaghetti” sauce.

1 Like

Not sure if Vietnamese peeps do this but

Throwing in some of those Chinese sausages in the rice cooker makes for the best steamed rice! A plate of greens and you are set!!

Also at the Garden Grove/Little Saigon Costco they have Red Boat Fish Sauce and a few times I been those wild caught sardines go on sale. Hey they know their audience.

At Costco: I try to limit my snacks but damn I too love those Coconut Clusters and Seaweed Crisps!!!

7 Likes

:scream::exploding_head: Chinese sausages in the rice cooker with the rice?!?
Some of my favorite dinners growing up were when Mom was too lazy to cook so it was just pan-seared Chinese sausage with rice and Maggi…maybe some eggs if she felt like it.

4 Likes

this. Nice and crispy, thin sliced.

2 Likes

This is the simplest thrill to me.
Ong choy or pea shoots, rice, sausage. Maybe a fried egg because fried egg.

3 Likes

I’d have never thought to do this. And I love the idea of the egg. How about raw? I do that sometimes with leftover rice with some furikaki, sesame oil and soy sauce.

Can someone let me know if this appears in your local Costco please? Looks almost like the Trader Joe’s version that I buy when corn is not in season.

2 Likes

That sounds really, REALLY good.

Just tried the Sukhi’s chicken tikka masala tonight. Really good for something that you just have to warm up! That + microwaveable brown rice from TJ’s = a decently satisfying dinner.

1 Like

Has anyone tried the corned beef in the vacuum sealed packs?

I got a craving for corned beef and nobody else seems to stock a high quality version, and I don’t want to pay $60 for 2.5 lbs from SRF.

1 Like

It’s super salty. Might want to soak it in water a bit to help draw out some of the salt. Otherwise, it’s pretty good.

2 Likes

ok cool, was planning on adding coriander and black pepper and making pastrami out of it.

1 Like

Is The Macallan’s a good scotch whisky? LARGE bottle seen at the Marina del Rey location for $99.

Depends on how old it is :slight_smile: