Cousteau has Covid: threat AND menace

:arrow_up_small:

Your behavior is totally irresponsible. When you have Covid you stay home. You certainly donā€™t sit inside and eat. There is no safe distance, people have infected others in restaurants 25 feet away in five minutes.

9 Likes

No. Ignorant idiot.

2 Likes

OMG, the title of this thread :rofl:

8 Likes

Definitely

Robert ā€“ I appreciate you and your moderation and first reply. I make unintentional mistakes daily and am not perfect. I am ignorant about many things, but being abruptly namecalled an ā€œidiotā€ and ā€œmenaceā€ by you isā€¦yikes.

I donā€™t intend to post to the thread anymore; the joyā€™s been gutted. (Posters didnā€™t talk about food, anyway; they wanted to banter about players & teams.) I still welcome any friendly comments/queries about World Cup adventures via direct message thru the system. Au revoir.

You canā€™t just troll and run like that. You need to get banned by Robert.

4 Likes

:rofl:

7 Likes

Time-outs and bans are for those who ignore moderation.

2 Likes

I can only attest to my own personal series of reactions, but I think burying the lede (and it actually CAN be ā€œlead,ā€ damnit! Bury the Lede or Bury the Lead: Which is Right? | Merriam-Webster) here was b/c my reaction progression was a spit take ā†’ amusement ā†’ feeling kind of icky w/ the bizarro circularity and surreal-ness of the whole thing ā†’ wanting the icky feeling to go away ā†’ being unable to tear myself away from this virtual car crash.

So, Iā€™m feeling a push/pull w/ this whole thing that makes it very complicated.

2 Likes

Perhaps not coincidentally, LA County is back to the CDCā€™s yellow / medium tier this week.

3 Likes

This thread should be pinned lol and I wish the older stuff with eat the world was still on here

2 Likes

EattheWorldLAā€™s post was the most obnoxious thing posted on this board in a long time.

1 Like

Link to the above obnoxious post please!

1 Like

Deleted.

:cry:

2 Likes

Can you work some mod magic and resurrect it? Seems like an important part of history.

Alternatively, can we employ a few folks to do a dramatic recreation of it?

1 Like

Dramatized version IIRC:

Cou: World Cup is here! Hereā€™s a list of restaurants you might wanna hit up for certain matches but ya better check if the restaurants are open before you go.

Eatt: Gurl, appreciate your long winded effort but your list is shit! These restaurants are garbage and some arenā€™t even open.

Cou: Iā€™m so God damn offended! Read my damn disclaimer.

FTC: Jumps to Couā€™s defense

Robert: Silly Eatt, if you think Iā€™m Elon free-fucking -speech-absolutist musk, youā€™re sorely mistaken. Stop being a flaccid dick or itā€™s :hammer: time!

Cou: Ha. Damn right Eatt! Everyoneā€™s on my side! Look at all my likes.

Eatt: Eatt has left the chat

Cou: Hey everyone, I have COVID but it ainā€™t gonna stop me from potentially infecting others. However, Iā€™m very considerate so Iā€™ll just gonna hit up a not so busy restaurant. :smirk:

FTC: shits all over Cou

Cou: Yaā€™ll are an unappreciative bunch. Plus, yaā€™ll keep talking about the World Cup games and players!

Cou: Cou has left the chat

35 Likes

moonboy: TL;DR god

12 Likes

Can you add part where cou tries to gaslight ftc to :heart: her comment, the one where cous explains how considerate she was and how sheā€™s keeping track and knows all who hearted @Helper_Monkeyā€™s comment?ā€¦and No one, not even warrior did?

10 Likes