Cousteau has Covid: threat AND menace

My memory’s a lil hazy with that part. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

This post is right up there w/ the courtroom sketches for Vespertine.

13 Likes

You missed the best part IMO. She’s in poverty and can’t afford to watch the World Cup at home. So she had to go to restaurants to watch it, even when she had Covid!

That’s when I was 100% sure she was trolling.

But FTC takes everything at face value LOL. Like the callers into the Phil Hendrie show. (Andy Kaufman was before my time.)

2 Likes

The part where Cou said ”you offended me! I’m gonna take my ball home!”

Then “your apology wasn’t good enough! I’m still taking my ball home!”

Eat’s Post gets deleted…

“Yo! I got Covid! Where da party at?!!!”

6 Likes

Reminds me of Florida’s Brady Sluder when interviewed during Covid’s first wave:

Party on! :partying_face:

3 Likes

There is a future in Cliff Notes for you

6 Likes

The rest of us geniuses instead hunkered down and wore masks everywhere and…got corona. Sometimes twice now.

That was absolutely magnificent. Thank you!

5 Likes

EatTheWorldLA’s post was bizarrely long and detailed for not adding a single useful fact to the discussion of where to watch international sports, despite his claim to know a lot about the subject.

2 Likes

Jesus said: “Let those who live in glass houses cast the first stone.”

He does know a lot about the subject

5 Likes

I believe EATT has a post similar to Cou at HungryOnion.

1 Like

and his twitter and Instagram has a lot of his posts on the World Cup.

1 Like

I prefer watching from home so I won’t catch Covid from infected fans that don’t have a TV at home.

14 Likes

7 Likes

EATT also has a world cup list on his own website. even though he’s easily found in all these other places, i hope he’s not gone from the board forever…

2 Likes

Jacques Cousteau? Was he a big seafood guy

2 Likes

just a play on the Poster Cousteau and the Taylor Swift meme of “Hi. it’s me, I’m the problem”

3 Likes

that sounds crappy… i guess that was before i joined the board, but now peoples’ overall reactions to EATT in the world cup thread make more sense… in the time i’ve been on the board, EATT’s only posted sporadically about hole-in-the-wall type places that have been informative.

1 Like

Was told I should check out the thread by a friend…

Hey I think you have the wrong person here. If anything, I would be arguing that what you are calling “cheap” food should have more value and chefs/vendors/etc. should be charging more because they are worth it. And as for the bastardized and white people stuff, again, not me… I do not even use those words or “authentic” or similar things in articles because judging food in those ways has no meaning.

Would love to see what you are referring to here, maybe a misunderstanding.

8 Likes