COVID-19 LA Discussion | Will you continue to order takeout or delivery as the COVID-19 pandemic spreads in LA?

To help prevent the spread of COVID-19, I’m taking executive action to temporarily close bars, nightclubs, restaurants (except takeout/delivery), entertainment venues, and other establishments in the city of Los Angeles. These orders go into effect at midnight tonight and will stay in place until March 31 unless extended. There is no food shortage and grocery stores will remain open. We’re taking these steps to help protect Angelenos, limit the spread of the novel coronavirus, and avoid putting a dangerous strain on our health care system. -Mayor Eric Garcetti

1 Like

They did not listen to our homie Robert

1 Like

March 31 my ass. Why even pretend? Will the coronavirus just disappear on March 31 so there is no supposed need to “flatten the curve”? Will we alternate every two weeks between open for business and shutdown to “flatten the curve”?

Because adding 2 weeks to that is easy. That’s not pretend. It’s a start and they’ll reassess

4 Likes

I’m shooting for leaving my house sometime around Christmas.

2 Likes

No need for reassessment. The assessment is: shutdown until there is a vaccine or until there are riots.

There won’t be a vaccine for at least a year.

Once there are plenty of test kits they can manage things as Korea and Hong Kong have.

1 Like

Noticing that AMC Theatres are listing showtimes for movies at every theater in the area except for Century City, which is the only one that is technically in Los Angeles while the others range from Santa Monica, Burbank, West Hollywood, etc.

I wonder if this means that restaurants elsewhere will still be operating under 50% capacity. Might just come down to the owners, as Laemmle looks like they’ve closed every theater except for the one in Pasadena.

Edit. The West Hollywood and Universal City theaters are now showing no showtimes, this may be just rolling out slowly, but still curious if it applies to somewhere like Burbank or Pasadena.

https://twitter.com/dansigner/status/1239438885802741760

I would expect most to follow through on Garcetti’s orders.

I am extremely glad that restaurants, taking precautions, are allowed to remain open. I have gotten delivery from Lusy’s and Sri Siam recently; both were a welcome change from canned beans and Larabars.

1 Like

You don’t cook?!?!?

Definitely going to do take out…if places remain open. We’re in Reno where we had five new cases on Saturday and all the NV schools have closed.

Gotta save our supplies for week 3-4 of shut down (if that occurs)!

1 Like

Food banks will be overwhelmed come June

1 Like

I am glad they decided to close restaurants and bars because of all these idiots still partying while possibly spreading COVID-19 while showing no signs of illness. There are reports of people flying into LAX and entering LA without any health screening! Holes at LAX! Grrrrr… :mask:

Screenshot_20200316-101841-01|334x500

2 Likes

I despise cooking and I am not suicidal enough to eat my own cooking…

However, I did buy a few jars of Neilly’s Zesty Rice and Red Beans Mix wihout looking at the label when I was hurriedly shopping to stock up. I would need to add turkey sausage, vegetable oil, green onions and chicken broth. That is assuming they would even be available when I break down and do the nasty.

4 Likes

we have to start a discussion dedicated to take out intel

2 Likes

Should we assume this does NOT include all of of L.A. County?

1 Like

LA city. Restaurants in adjacent cities prolly following state law. But prolly call in advance. I’m sure restaurants will appreciate any business they can get

go for it …take out and a cooking during coronavirus thread.

2 Likes

L.A. County will likely follow shortly.

LA county is now closed as well.

1 Like