COVID-19 SF Bay Area lockdown

It seems dangerous to me that counties in the Bay Area are reopening on different schedules, encouraging people to travel significant distances, perhaps bringing the virus with them. On the other hand, so long as people sit outside, it should be relatively low risk.

First email I’ve gotten from a restaurant that’s reopening:

https://mailchi.mp/1dc742edd2ff/our-patio-is-open

Some of the offerings:

3-Course Dinner.
Butter Lettuce Salad with Crispy Pig Ears & Red Wine Vinaigrette, House Extruded Rigatoni Pasta & Pork Ragu, Bayleaf Panna Cotta with Seasonal Fruit. Instructions on executions will be provided with order!
$38.00

Peking Style Pigs Head.
Comes with Cucumber, Pickled Daikon, Hoisen, Scallions, Tortillas & Crispy Shallots. Serves 3-4.
$60.00

Leg Of Beast
Red Wine Braised Beef Shank. Comes with Saffron Risotto, Horseradish Creme Fraiche & Watercress Salad. Serves 3-4.
$125.00

Whole Roasted Octopus
Whole Octupus Marinated in Olive Oil, Pimenton, Garlic & Oregano. Comes with Pimenton Spice Potatoes, Romesco Sauce, Scallions & Padron Peppers. Serves 3-4.
$125.00

8 OZ Cockscomb “Angry” Sauce
Fermented Black Bean & Chili Paste
$12.00

8 OZ Negroni
$12.00

Oh my god, sidewalk seating in front of Panchita’s #2? Good luck with the local fauna.

https://www.berkeleyside.com/nosh-guide/shelter-in-place/outdoor-dining

Range Life in Livermore takeout has been great.

Staying on piedmont avenue near fentons for the next week, any recs within the immediate area? Will travel also.

Bellotti
Commis
Doña
Dopo
Geta
LoCoco’s
Mägo
Messob
Slicer
The Wolf

Out of the immediate area:

Burma Superstar - you don’t get much Burmese in LA
Champa Garden - stick to the Cambodian dishes
Miss Ollie’s

Thank you, actually staying in the building Belotti is in…Got their tagliatelle last night really good…stoked to try more

Try the Casoncelli.

1 Like

1 Like

Good for them. Glad they’re navigating through this

Tacos Oscar (a bit of a walk, but well worth it)

It’s surprising to me how many people are opening restaurants during this weird situation.

Sad I never got to Mama Papa Lithuania.

1 Like

The problems with Instacart at a place like smart food service, which I have done 3 or 4 times is the quality of the shopper and the accuracy of the listings. I have had good experiences and very poor experiences.

Farmstead’s business model makes a lot more sense than Instacart’s.