Crazy price disparities

Noticed this the other day: Acme Bread (a top SF Bay Area artisanal bakery) 1-lb. round levain, $4.19 (before cash discount) at the bakery, $7 at Whole Foods (five blocks away).

Bodhi Leaf 12 ounce bag of beans at Whole Foods in Brea - $13.99
Same exact bad of beans at Bodhi Leaf Tea and Coffee shop in Yorba Linda 7 miles away - $15.99

The prices online show an even greater disparity.

I really dont think whole foods is all that great . I found better quality food from a local grocer when living in Santa Cruz. Example. Shoppers Corner. Was so much better .At whole foods The vegetables were a little to processed for me . Their seafood absolutely sucked . You could find a couple items there that no one else had . But big f… De…Its not really a bad thing . To each their own .

My point was that it’s weird that the beans were more expensive at whole foods instead of at the roster. I dunno maybe that is normal.

2 Likes

I go to Whole Foods only for the 365 house-brand shampoo and conditioner and the excellent, reasonably priced Italian sausages from Farm to Family.

1 Like

Peet’s Major Dickason’s blend:

• Costco: $7.25 / lb.
  • Peet’s: $16.95 / lb.

Fage Yogurt @ Best Produce (Essex Market) - $8.49. Fage Yogurt @ Whole Foods - $5.99. Guess where I buy my yogurt. In my area, the “fancy” stuff (i.e., Fage Yogurt) is usually more expensive at the “regular” grocery store. It’s interesting.

Which size and type of Fage?

35 oz. nonfat plain.

Wow.