Culver City's New Fantastic Mushroom Tacos & Carne Asada Tacos - Loqui

carne asada nachos and vampiros; 10000000% better than their tacos.

2 Likes

Awesome – thanks for the tip!

Bill Esparza has solved the mystery of why the tacos at Loqui suddenly stopped being smokey. Apparently, they had to ditch the mesquite grill due to complaints from neighbors.

6 Likes

That’s awful. And what neighbors? It’s not a residential neighborhood. So stupid.

i love their flour tortillas.

4 Likes

They got bincho’d

6 Likes

A couple of doors down is a $100 tee shirt shop.

–Dommy!

4 Likes

Honestly that is Loqui’s fuck up then. If you have neighbors like that who have the power to destroy your business then surely you should do a survey before opening to see if such neighbors exist?

Agreed on both counts. Sheer speculation, but I wonder if it was the Soulcycle place.

Argh. ::making gagging noises right now::

4 Likes

There used to be an upscale purveyor of bison leather accessories across from Loqui. I’m glad I took a photo for memory’s sake.

1 Like

I don’t know about you, but I would personally love my artisanal, fair-trade, organic, gluten-free, homemade, free-range, grass-fed, never-been-bitten-by-insect boutique leather belt to smell like grilled meat.

No, seriously. I’m one of those people that love the way my clothes smell right after BBQ. :slight_smile:

And, also, you’ve already killed the darn cow. Do you care if it smells like cooking/cooked meat? Leave my charcoal alone!

Argh again.

2 Likes

Ohhhh. So that’s what it was. Sigh.

1 Like