CUT by Wolfgang Puck - Dinner [Thoughts + Pics]

duplicate

14 Likes

Food Caligula . Thanks Chowseeker for the pics and report . I would absolutely indulge .

1 Like

Hi @Chowseeker1999 !

It was Bookwich. I prefer my steak tartare on a movie screen :wink:. I would try CUT’s though. They served me the greatest piece of steak of my life. I’m not surprised you loved the english peas too. The sourcing at Wolfgang Puck’s restaurants is underrated, in my opinion.

Thanks for the report on your conspicuous and mouthwatering consumption.
:kissing_closed_eyes:

4 Likes

Thanks @Emglow101. :slight_smile:

Hi @TheCookie,

Thank you. Glad you liked your visit to CUT as well. :slight_smile:

Wow, which steak did you get when you went?

1 Like

So how was the pricing?

Hi @Chowseeker1999 -

It was so long ago and way before I reported on such things :wink:. It was some kind of petite cut, tender enough to cut with a butter knife and so buttery and flavorful. I’m curious now too and will check out the menu to see if anything rings a bell. Because, unlike their sexier neighbor on Canon, they list the origins of their meat.

Happy steak eating!

1 Like

Obscene

Hi @TheCookie,

Wow, that tender? It might’ve been A5 Wagyu Beef from Japan. :slight_smile:

your steaks look insane, been meaning to hit CUT up.
Can’t stand Mastros.

1 Like

Hi @mcmichael,

It can get pricey as @TheCookie said, but their USDA Prime Steaks range from $49 - $64, which is shockingly in the same price range as the mediocre Ruth’s Chris we just had 4 months ago(!).

Their American Wagyu gets more pricey $88, and their Japanese A5 Wagyu Beef is $25 - $26 per Ounce depending on the cut you choose (New York Sirloin, or Rib Eye Steak).

Overall, I felt it was worth it, at least for this dinner experience we had. Thanks.

1 Like

@Chowseeker1999 very nice meal. CUT is still my favorite steakhouse in LA, if you do return please get the bone marrow flan, trust me.

Also, if they have it, the seasonal pumpkin beignets with ginger ice cream is awesome.

Great report, English pea dish looks really good.

3 Likes

Hi @A5KOBE,

Thanks. Glad to hear you liked CUT as well. :slight_smile: And I’m guessing you liked their A5 Wagyu? :wink:

I saw the Bone Marrow Flan and we thought about ordering it. Darn. :cry: Next time then. :slight_smile: They didn’t have the Pumpkin Beignets, but I’ll keep an eye out for them. Thanks. :slight_smile:

Keeping it beef-forward: Yazawa is still the better bet in that 'hood.

One of my favorite things at CUT is the Caesar Salad. Perfectly classic stuff.

1 Like

I like the A5 Japanese wagyu in NY and the Snake Rivers American wagyu in ribeye. TBH, the draw for me is actually not the steaks but the other dishes. The bone marrow flan is my favorite dish they offer. The roasted lobster is really good and the white corn when in season is great. I usually go with the dry aged steaks. Also, fabulous beef tartare. The short ribs are also quite tasty.

Avoid the onion rings and veal tongue salad.

My favorite meal there is bone marrow flan, roasted lobster and banana cream pie.

3 Likes

Thanks for the rec. :slight_smile:

Hi @A5KOBE,

Thanks for the suggestions! Ah, you like the A5 Wagyu as New York Sirloin as well? :slight_smile: Great to know about the Roasted Lobster, I’ll keep that in mind for next time.

CUT is still the best steakhouse in LA.

4 Likes

Hi @Chowseeker1999 -

I think it was the Snake River Farms American Wagyu Filet. I checked the menu and pictures of that particular cut. It is a small, neat square. I remember feeling a little guilty about the extravagance and couldn’t bring myself to order the Japanese Wagyu. I probably won’t be that earnest next time.

Interesting tidbit; today MSN did a slideshow of Food & Wine’s Best U.S. Steaks. CUT was their L.A. favorite; the picture was of that steak tartare you loved. Hmmm… coincidence?

Now I want some steak :relaxed:.

2 Likes