Daybird - Szechuan Hot Chicken

I can only imagine what a limp daybird sandwich would be like by the time it arrived. And that image is not too appealing.

1 Like

$2.50 markup for the sanwhich plus 6 dollar delivery on doordash, brutal

Maybe makes more sense for large orders.

1 Like

I remember some people here were saying prices weren’t marked up on delivery apps because it’s against the T&Cs :joy::joy:

It’s such common practice

That’s $25 split between the driver, the restaurant, door dash, and California. Everyone’s gotta eat.

1 Like

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVMIOPIP0iR/

3 Likes

Still better than most anything to be honest.

Warrior: there has been inflation at a rate of 100% to 300% over the past year? That is news to me. I have to believe these numbers are grossly exaggerated.

1 Like

For specific products in short supply, there have been some radical price increases. I see news stories about that all the time.

https://www.nrn.com/operations/packaging-pinch-restaurants-brace-potentially-long-term-takeout-headaches

That Instagram story was a repost by Daybird, the post was by Kwasi Moses, who’s apparently a private chef in Stockton.

I think $45 a case for chicken wings was an unusually low price. Due to their increasing popularity, even before Covid there was a shortage (only two wings per chicken, after all) and prices were going up.

3 Likes

those sandwiches could be $24 a pop and still worth it.

Is Nightshade coming back?

She was noncommittal as recently as June.

That’s too bad. Some restaurants you hear are good, but no one ever talks about them do to the saturation of new LA restaurants. But Nightshade seemed to be one of the chosen in LA that was building up a lot of word online, kind of indicative of a restaurant about to really take off…and then covid hit.

the reviews made it seem sorta hit and miss, but the desserts looked incredible. I remember tom on TC said Mei’s finale dessert was the best dessert he ever ate on the show.

That’s a bummer. Really enjoyed that place. Great food and vibe.

My meal at Nightshade had no misses.

Warrior: We liked Nightshade too. And it seemed popular. Hopefully she’ll open something up eventually.

1 Like

1 Like

Anyone eaten at Grandmaster? Haven’t seen anyone post about it here yet

1 Like