Del Taco Bell style tacos - brand suggestions for purchase?

RIP Malibu Chicken :frowning:

1 Like

They don’t plan to shut down… just re-organize. Meet you at the salad bar once this is all over… The one in Culver City has Menudo in the Soup bar even during the week… :rofl:

3 Likes

Meat - 80/20 w/ Taco Bell seasoning
Lower Sauce - Yellowbird Serrano
Sourcream - Daisy
Shells - Los Pericos (Stater Bros also stocks these!)
Shredded Iceberg
Upper Sauce - Taco Bell Hot
Cheese - Costco Mexican blend

14 Likes

how was it?

I froze enough taco meat for the winter and we finished it all off this week. We started branching off onto nachos supreme.

2 Likes

Casa Sanchez light and thin are great for sheet pan Nachos if you like the ones that fuse together (waves hands furiously)

thanks for the rec. I don’t know what “ones that fuse together” means but I’ve never met nachos I didn’t like so I’m in. I don’t even know what sheet pan nachos are but looks like I’m about to find out.

When I think of Nachos supreme I imagine more of a cohesive dish where the chips, toppings and cheese become almost a single mass. So you get crisp edges and soggy edges, there is a little bit of toasties to the chips that peak out… But some folks prefer the chips to stand alone and to stay super crisp. Like stadium nachos.

1 Like

Yeah, man. Then you gotta strategize which nacho you take on every pull. Cuz that’s one nacho!

3 Likes

Casa Sanchez thick chips will do that too so long as you use a ton of cheese.

1 Like

You have never met my Nachos… :wink:

2 Likes

4 Likes

I thought it was pizza. lol. looks good.

I want to make them with the fake jarred cheese . It’s critically imperative.

Then only the tortilla rounds you get a smart and final that come in a bag as big as a body pillow will do…

That liquid “nacho cheese” was invented by someone who doesn’t understand nachos. The cheese needs to melt and then firm up, not stay runny.

I’ve been doing it the way Mexicali Taco does it - use shredded cheese and toast, followed by liquid glory + toppings.

Should’ve used more cheese but tasty just the same.

Yep! More cheese… more layers. Great sheet tray nachos are like Mexican lasagna. At least 3 layers… a sprinkling of cheese on top of EVERYTHING until it’s brown.

Also… mash up some of the meat… to get that right texture.

Gawd. Now I want this… LOL!!!

–Dommy!

2 Likes

Thanks for the tips! I was definitely missing the layering action.