Dim Sum 2017

Sea Palace? Before NBC moved to its current location where the Edwards Movie Theater originally was situated.

Sea Palace was located in the southeast corner of the shopping center when it was horseshoe shaped center. NBC took over from a restaurant called Golden Shark, which was a buffet at their Monterey Park branch, but a second branch upstairs at Japanese Village Plaza in J-Town being a fairly pricey sit down.

Wait, the same Golden Shark that was the scene of an FBI sting into an illegal immigration ring?

Didn’t hear about that, but as far as I know there were only those two Golden Shark Chinese restaurants in Los Angeles

1 Like

the thought of dating myself fills me with a nameless dread. i’m pretty sure i wouldn’t
put out for me. i’m also pretty sure i’d run screaming into the night.

2 Likes

Silly. It’s the size of your wallet, not your age or looks. Lucky men.

I LOVED Pirate’s Cove!!! We bought our first computer (an Apple IIe) from a place in that block (or nearby), and I think the first time I had Thai might’ve been at a place a couple of doors down…

Hi @Bookwich,

Did you end up trying Sea Harbour? How’d the visit go?

No, it was raining and I’m a delicate snowflake that avoids stormy freeways unless it’s absolutely necessary.

Bummer, but a smart choice to avoid the rains. :wink: Hopefully you get to try it next time.

Yes. I really like dim sum and feel like I should be taking the younger generation out for it much more. That and Korean barbecue. We live in L.A. for goodness sake.

3 Likes

So we finally went back to an old love today, Elite and it is holding up to the test of time very well. Somewhat pricy but fresh, hot and interesting

6 Likes

In the bottom photo, what is the one in the bottom of the top photo? (Are you confused yet?!?)

The one in the front of the photo :slight_smile:

scallop dumpling. maybe favorite that day

this one is competing for it… a turnip one i think

https://foodtalkcentral.b-cdn.net//uploads/default/optimized/3X/a/7/a779de410bf48b1781ea39764e3708c8f6392cd3_1_375x500.JPG

1 Like

Those dumplings looks SO good. I don’t like seafood left in big pieces and that looks perfect.

i was at king hua about 3 weeks ago. the QPR has slipped IMO, though i can’t quantify why.

After 3 visits within a year I’m pretty done with it. It never beckons me