Dinner - From West Hollywood to the Westside

Robert won’t let him in? That’s a shame. I know he rubbed some people the wrong way but he was a great contributor and provided a lot of reports here.

1 Like

I’ll take it but i’m just planning ahead.

Calling a (nice) poster a cunt goes a bit beyond “rubbed some people the wrong way”. Between that, and his tendency to go completely off the rails on numerous occasions with no good reason, I think his permanent ban is quite justified. I’d be really disappointed in the mods/owner if he were allowed to rejoin. I used to wonder what all the fuss was, until I saw one of his posts before it was zipped. Not pretty.

5 Likes

wtf… that happened? lol…

Nothing to do with me.

What a coincidence. I was looking at the Charcoal thread today and came across this Top 10 Gem. I don’t think it should get scrubbed from this thread. After all, it is a Westside restaurant, you guys are missing and yearning for the return of this “dude” and “his great contributions”, and our mods act like they were forced by gunpoint to ban him, so…

Curious, now, how many women are left on this board?

4 Likes

We’re starting to get really off topic, so I’ll just say this and leave it at that.

I didn’t know he called someone a cunt. Yes agree, that’s more than “rubbing some people the wrong way”. And yes, he came across as an asshole at times (don’t act like he was an asshole all the time). But you know what people? This is the internet. People are going to say things that offend others and not be nice all the time. You take the good with the bad. Stop taking everything so seriously and feel free to ignore those you don’t care for.

Yes, but this is also FTC and he was clearly in violation of the site’s rules countless times:

• If you directly insult another user your account may be permanently blocked. ( Should we really need to say this ?)
  • Above all, don’t be a dick.
5 Likes

@bulavinaka is gone but we still have @tailbacku. Sigh.

1 Like

when did @bulavinaka leave?

A while ago. He got tired of this bullshit and the instigator(s) of it. Sad loss of a great human.

5 Likes

Yes. A total bummer. Such wisdom and writing.
Please come back @bulavinaka

7 Likes

That guy returned I don’t know how many times with various new user names. He’d post a bunch of good stuff but within a few weeks or days turn into a vicious troll, totally derailing topics with personal attacks way beyond the “take the bad with the good” level. I guess ipsedixit got fed up and decided not to give him any more chances.

We knew him already from Chowhound, where I think he burned through at least three user names. One time it seemed like he had two active names and got into a fight with himself.

5 Likes

Fair enough. Clearly I wasn’t aware of the whole story. I used to enjoy his meal posts of Hatchet Hall and Bestia and I guess I mostly tuned out all the other noise. I’m done defending the guy. Let’s carry on.

2 Likes

I would reply to that, but I think we’ve disrupted @attran99’s nice thread long enough. She’s probably ready to mute us. But I’d advise against bringing that turd up again… lives will not end because Aesthete is banned from FTC.

1 Like

#triggered

#yes

Are threats of violence against this site’s T&C?

1 Like

:rofl:

3 Likes

That’s because the insane rants that got him repeatedly kicked off were quickly deleted.

2 Likes