Dinner - From West Hollywood to the Westside

Sounds fantastic! I too wish Hatchet Hall were closer to home. So glad you had a great time!

1 Like

Glad you had a good time. I think the patio is the best spot at Hatchet Hall --it can pretty loud in the dining room proper. The menu and cocktails never fail to hit the spot. I too, wish it was closer – worth the drive though.

4 Likes

Nice evening @attran99. No offense to anyone because I may have missed a couple Hatchet Hall reports, but yours is the first one that makes me want to eat there. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

You definitely want to eat there! I have been three times and it is so good. In the first place any time you have a wood fired grill I am up for it. Second the country ham, very difficult to find above the Mason-Dixon Line and west of the Mississippi is so great on the rolls @attran99 lauded, and third the Old Man Bar is so darn cute. Plus everything else is really good. I think Kevin, he of the ridiculously repetitive expletive laden posts (was he a writer for “Deadwood”?) whom we all miss, first recommended it. I now give a gift certificate to it to all my friends on the West Side for birthdays and Christmas. I just wish it were in the Valley.

4 Likes

Funny!

I don’t live close to Hatchet Hall but am now (finally?) intrigued and will put it on our Westside list. Idk why it didn’t peak my interest before. The name sounds like it’s medieval and dark and has drunken men with drunken wenches sitting on their laps. The other thing I think is it was the favorite restaurant of a former (hopefully) poster I despise. But you and @attran99 described it so charmingly. :blush:

4 Likes

Hahahaha - for fuck’s sake.

6 Likes

We loved our one visit ti Hatchet Hall tremendously. Need to go back still

1 Like

We live close to Mid-Wilshire, so Hatchet Hall is a trip, especially any time close to rush hour, so it is not some place we go to regularly (plus the noise factor that makes it a patio only proposition for us), but every time we have gone it has been terrific, and with something interesting on the menu that we have not seen some place else. If we were closer, we would be regulars. Definitely worth the trip.

3 Likes

You just got me to book for my birthday

4 Likes

Happy birthday, @Nemroz!

1 Like

All this talk of Hatchet Hall, I miss @aesthete. Come back dude.

2 Likes

Robert won’t let him in? That’s a shame. I know he rubbed some people the wrong way but he was a great contributor and provided a lot of reports here.

1 Like

I’ll take it but i’m just planning ahead.

Calling a (nice) poster a cunt goes a bit beyond “rubbed some people the wrong way”. Between that, and his tendency to go completely off the rails on numerous occasions with no good reason, I think his permanent ban is quite justified. I’d be really disappointed in the mods/owner if he were allowed to rejoin. I used to wonder what all the fuss was, until I saw one of his posts before it was zipped. Not pretty.

5 Likes

wtf… that happened? lol…

Nothing to do with me.

What a coincidence. I was looking at the Charcoal thread today and came across this Top 10 Gem. I don’t think it should get scrubbed from this thread. After all, it is a Westside restaurant, you guys are missing and yearning for the return of this “dude” and “his great contributions”, and our mods act like they were forced by gunpoint to ban him, so…

Curious, now, how many women are left on this board?

4 Likes

We’re starting to get really off topic, so I’ll just say this and leave it at that.

I didn’t know he called someone a cunt. Yes agree, that’s more than “rubbing some people the wrong way”. And yes, he came across as an asshole at times (don’t act like he was an asshole all the time). But you know what people? This is the internet. People are going to say things that offend others and not be nice all the time. You take the good with the bad. Stop taking everything so seriously and feel free to ignore those you don’t care for.

Yes, but this is also FTC and he was clearly in violation of the site’s rules countless times:

• If you directly insult another user your account may be permanently blocked. ( Should we really need to say this ?)
  • Above all, don’t be a dick.
5 Likes

@bulavinaka is gone but we still have @tailbacku. Sigh.

1 Like