Dish of the Month (DoTM) -- January 2016 -- LAMB

Yes, the market is now open. It’s got an eclectic mix of Korean and other products. It seems like they timed the opening well as the Galleria is closing.

1 Like

Love the lamb meatballs with currants, pine nuts and feta at Tavern. Sometimes available in the refrigerator case in the Larder for a heat and eat option.

1 Like

Love Feng Mao, although we usually go to the one on Olympic.

Sorry for the crap picture quality (as usual). Lamb biryani and lamb korma from All-India Cafe in West LA. Love this place for delivery. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Anyone hit up the new Zam Zam yet?

I’ve struck out when I’ve dropped in. Nothing available for another hour. Wasn’t willing to wait around. Parking is horrible in that area.

Lamb sausage pizza at Gjelina (full description: lamb sausage, confit tomato, rapini, pecorino & asiago). Possibly my favorite of all their pizzas. Had it again two nights ago but didn’t manage to take a picture.

No picture alas, but the Lamb Tagine at Simon’s Cafe in Sherman Oaks is one of my favorites. There’s fruit (prunes I think?), cinnamon… yum.

1 Like

Yes :smiley:

My husband and @farmertomato got the grilled lamb merguez with saffron cous cous, green garlic yogurt, and kumquats at Lucques last Sunday. They enjoyed the dish, but farmertomato seemed to prefer the rainbow trout that his wife and I ordered.

I know not January but I had the consume and Lamb barbacoa in December there. Really good stuff.

2 Likes

Lamb pie in Queenstown, NZ at Fergbaker.

3 Likes

Have you ever had an aussie pie in LA/OC? If so, how do you think the “real” version compares? :slight_smile:

Had a couple of Aussie pies in Sydney at the top rated ones (lamb in red wine), this was right up there.

I liked Pie Not in LA a lot until I tried the real deal.

What does the Pie Knot mess up? Crust? Sauce? Quality of ingredients?

They didn’t mess anything up.

Like the best dim sum or sushi in LA, the best versions back home seem to be a notch better.

That’s why there is no substitute for going out and experiencing for yourself.

Why did you say you can’t eat Pie Knot now that you’ve had the pies in Australia then?

Pretty sure I didn’t say that. Read it again.

That’s the perfect example of the reading comprehension and constant faulty logic issues referenced in another thread that makes food discussion with you difficult.

2 Likes

If I’m in Costa Mesa, will have to try Pie Knot. I’ve only tried Aussie Pies in Santa Monica, which was pretty darn good.

Are you having any lamingtons while you’re Down Under?

This sentence implies that you no longer like the pies at Pie Knot after eating the authentic ones in Australia.

Unless I am mistaken about that sentence being English?