Dish of the Month (DoTM) -- January 2016 -- LAMB

What does Charcoal charge for those Lamb Ribs? They look wonderful.

$12.50 for 4.

Duck was $56 but very large portion. Plenty to share as a main for two.

3 Likes

They’re topping them with something pickled now? Was fresh cilantro a month ago. Interesting.

Smoked lamb taco at revolutionario

4 Likes

Istanbul Grill in Fountain Valley. Outstanding. Shame on me for driving by this place without stopping for so long.

9.95 lunch special for appetizer, entree, dessert. But high quality stuff. Maybe one of the best $10 lunch specials in the area.

Kofte (lamb and beef) kebab. Really juicy and flavorful. Nice charcoal flavor.

Adana lamb kebab. Also outstanding. Nice lamb flavor, juicy, and again nice whiff of charcoal flavor.

3 Likes

Phillipe’s The Original Double Dip Lamb

2 Likes

That tastes good?

Well it’s better than the beef. And there’s that whole nostalgia factor which works better on some than others.

cheddar on lamb?

I usually get the lamb dip @ Phillipes too—typically plain, but if I’m in the mood for cheese on my sandwich I tend to choose either swiss or blue. (+ a glass of pinot noir which costs more than the sandwich)

As someone else noted below, it was kind of the cheddar on lamb bit, and also it just somehow really doesn’t look very “good”. Famous place obviously…idk, maybe just that particular photo, something about it looks particularly unappetizing for some reason.

Galleria is closing? Which one, and when? Have not heard this…

Koreatown Galleria on Olympic. I forget when, but they’re going to redevelop it. They aren’t renewing the tenants’ leases. There was an article in the LA Business Journal in December.

Thanks for mentioning the Journal article; I found it, and the good news is that it’s the Wilshire Galleria at 3240 Wilshire that’s being redeveloped, not the Galleria at Olympic/Western.

This is the mid-rise at Wilshire/Vermont that houses Natura Spa with a Tom N Tom’s out back by New Hampshire.

Sorry that I can’t invite you all but the lamb meat swords at my dad’s crib… in the middle there

1 Like