Dish of the Month (DoTM) -- MARCH 2016 -- Nominations

It’s time yet again for nominations. With the weather warming up, perhaps a dish that’s cool and refreshing might be in order.

Nominations must be in ALL CAPS and are due by 8PM on 02/26.

Past winners:
January: LAMB
February: PASTRIES

SHELLFISH

GLUTENS

3 Likes

BREAKFAST

1 Like

That’s a mighty fine picture of some dumplings

3 Likes

Laying down decrees like that might end up back-firing on you. President “Manju”???

1 Like

Since it’s March and time for Irish celebrations, how about the soul food of my people: CORNED BEEF(and Cabbage) I’m looking for a version which will replace the awesome one from the now closed Amuse Cafe in Venice. As far as I know, Brooke hasn’t recreated the dish since it closed…

BTW, are you registering your question as a vote??? :wink:

Its not a vote, its a nomination. I have fixed the lack of CAPS in the appropriate places

@Mattapoisett_in_LA: assumed yours was a nom, but thanks for the correction. :wink:

@President_Mochi : did you want to add a nomination of dumplings?

I’m in for DUMPLINGS.

+1 for DUMPLINGS

By the looks of your photos @PorkyBelly, are you sure your nomination isn’t UNI??? Cuz I’m pretty sure you meant SEA URCHIN ROE. :wink:

2 Likes

I like DUMPLINGS

With the chilaquiles recommendations I received yesterday and the recent Eater/NYT articles, I had half a mind to go for breakfast, but who am I to stop the DUMPLINGS train?

Lets go SHELLFISH

DUMPLINGS

Are so tasty…Steam 'em, fry 'em, stick 'em in a soup!

DUMPLINGS, I don’t eat 'em nearly often enough.

Asking among the stakeholders here …

Do people want the nominating and the eventual DOTM threads to be pinned for each of their respective months?

If so, just say the word.

1 Like

+1.