Disneyland - The Happiest Place on Girth

Park hopper FTW. Nothing better than that first DCA beer after spending the AM at Disneyland.

1 Like

I got myself a Disney Magic Key (Annual Pass that requires reservations)!

I heard Carthay Circle is the best DCA restaurant.

Most delicious dessert is Choco-Smash Candy Bar.

Award Wieners is a good place for food and Lamplight Lounge has good brunch.

eater list. haven’t been in a few years, lots of new and interesting things.

1 Like

I would disagree with the Mickey-shaped beignets. They’re like stale yeast doughnuts and pale in comparison to the light and pillowy treats at the Jazz Kitchen at Downtown Disney. The special seasonal flavors inside the park are often lackluster. Don’t waste your money.

However the alcoholic Dole Pineapple float has finally appeared over at DCA. They are now putting tequila in the floats at the Abominable Snow Treats on the walkway to the Incredi-coaster.

Not on the list:

• Hard cider floats at Clarabelle’s DCA. They change seasonally. Currently a berry hard cider with a scoop of triple berry sorbet. In the fall, hard apple cider, apple sorbet and caramel drizzle.
  • The fries/crispy potatoes at Award Wieners DCA. They are fried and seasoned just right.
  • Shwarma at Shwarma Palace DCA. It’s a good snack to share while waiting in line for a ride.
  • Breakfast chimichanga at Turkey Leg cart by Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. This is not a bad idea if you skipped breakfast in order to make the commute to the parks. These do sellout because they make limited quantities.
  • Grand Californian Bar/Lounge…the cocktails are pricey, but they are quite good and you can get some snacks while enjoying the more quiet surroundings of the hotel.
  • Grand Californian Grill sit poolside as you enjoy casual bites and cocktails. Many of the items are large enough to share. This is another option for a calmer post-park dinner before heading home.

Pro-tips:

• If you don’t want to deal with tram service, valet parking is available at both the Disneyland and Grand Californian hotels. It’s $65, an increase from $50 when they figured a lot of people were doing this. You can monorail into the park from the Disneyland Hotel or walk in from the Grand Californian.
  • Mobile app ordering saves so much time and you can schedule your pick up. I mobile my corn dog when I’m in line to get into the park and it’s ready for pick up when I walk to the wagon. I also do the same for my cocktails over at DCA…I’ve not waited in line for some time.
8 Likes

Ronto-less wrap at Ronto Roasters is bomb.

3 Likes

I really enjoy the root beer float at Carsland

1 Like

Is Dole Whip currently available at Adorable Snowman? I only see lemon and mango flavors on the menu. (I know it has been available there in the past, but I thought that was temporary.)

My go to’s are corn dogs, churros, dole whips, and those veggie skewers by Jungle/Indiana. I think once I got one of those special beignets by Haunted and I was disappointed. The beignets at downtown Disney are so much better. Also those pickles are pretty good too. That Main Street ice cream parlour drives me nuts with that scent. I haven’t been in years.

1 Like

Salt N Straw in downtown Disney

2 Likes

It was…I see that mango & lemon are the options available now.

Went looking for a Portos update and then saw this… Oh. My. Dog…

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cu90aY6O16_/

2 Likes

Just to clarify, this has nothing to do w/ Porto’s ultimately, right? (I can be a bit dense and wanted to make sure I didn’t miss something!)

I am not sure how I feel about a deep friend jalapeños popper…

No. Not at all. I got into a Disneyclickhole looking for updates about Porto’s new location at Downtown Disney. No real update on opening…

1 Like

They need to finish construction at the other end of Downtown Disney before they start on the Porto’s end close to the entrance plaza.

3 Likes

My friend would drive up to the front gate of my property. With her chihuahua in hand . Reaching the gate it would dive out of the truck. Wiggle, wagging, waggle . Rolling in the grass . My comment was always. Disneyland happiest place on earth.

I went for the first time in 5+ years. One day we cooled off at Trader Sam’s, the Tiki bar located near DisneyLand Hotel. I got the pupu platter, and a really good non-alc spritzer type drink.

The next day we picked up food at Ronto Roasters, the relatively not-busy grill place in Star Wars land. The pre-ordering via the DisneyLand app works great, and the vegan option I chose was very very edible.

4 Likes

Damn this looks so ridiculously good. Would probably need a nap after that in which case I would head to the Grand Californian in front of the fireplace by the restrooms and take a nap on those rocking chairs

6 Likes

What stand is this in dland?

I believe it’s in a stand somewhere in Downtown Disney.

1 Like

Oh it’s outside of the theme park