Doubting Thomas - Breakfast Burrito

I’ve now been to Doubting Thomas three times to try the Thomas breakfast burrito, and it’s been outstanding and very consistent each time.

Doubting%20Thomas%20Burrito%202
Doubting%20Thomas%20Burrito%201
Pork shoulder, egg, cheese, potato, smoked chili, cilantro and tomatillo salsa. Once wrapped, the burrito is put back on the grill, so the outside has a nice firm texture. The flavors are rich and satisfying. If there’s anything negative it’s the price/size ratio. It’s a fairly small burrito but it’s $12. I think it’s worth it, given the quality of ingredients, and it’s big enough for my appetite. But be aware of this.

Today I also tried a bakery item: Goat cheese and mushroom pastry.
Doubting%20Thomas%20Mushroom
It’s a flaky pastry, surprisingly cheesy inside and the mushrooms were earthy as I like them. For some reason I’ve been on a mushroom kick recently. I didn’t really get the tanginess of the goat cheese I was expecting. It had the texture of a softer cheese, but oddly I got more of a parmesan flavor. I enjoyed it.

9 Likes

I go there almost weekly.

And while I adore their breakfast burrito, I think a true hidden gem there is the biscuits and gravy. It would be completely over-the-top if they topped it with their pulled pork.

2 Likes