DTLA - Brunch Recommendations

Please not The Pantry. :slight_smile:

We are looking for pre-show brunch on Saturday. All recommendations are appreciated, but preferably not too far from the Music Center, nor anywhere that involves line-standing.

(If there are any places you consider terrific downtown brunch places that don’t fit these parameters, feel free to post for future reference.)

2 Likes

orsa & winston

1 Like

The Exchange Restaurant in the Freehand Hotel.

The Exchange

winsome
cosa buona

Doubting Thomas

Redbird

Garcons de Cafe

Perch

Preux & Proper

PYT

Blacksmith’s

That’s an interesting definition of downtown

I was thinking Perch might be good. A view is always nice.

Otium down the road next to The Broad. Au Lac if you want to try vegan. Kendall Brasserie at the Music Center. These are the closest. Farther away is The Nomad Lounge/Library, Pitchoun Bakery & Cafe.

Kendall Brasserie at the Music Center is a good choice for brunch before any event at the Music Center. The chef, Jean Pierre Bosc is a long time LA French chef who used to be chef owner at Mimosa.

2 Likes

x2 on Redbird.

We went there recently. I had shrimp and grits, Hubs had the Spanish scramble, kid1 had the burger, and kid2 had the tartine. Spanish scramble was the best dish, but all were very good. I wasn’t sure I would like the mole in the shrimp and grits, but it wasn’t pronounced. Just enough to send it over the edge from good to wow interesting. We shared the waffle, and ate every bite even though we were all so full from the generous portions. The kids’ metabolisms worked quickly enough, but the adults had to spend the rest of the day horizontal. If possible, the dining room is even more beautiful on a Sunday morning with the light gently streaming through. You don’t get the same effect at night. And, if you are a bit sensitive to the light from the night before, there is always the option of the dim lounge. I observed many delicate constitutions in there.

4 Likes

Hi DTLA Brunchers!

Looking for something Asian or Asian-ish.

• Vegetarian friendly, but not vegetarian
  • Nice sit down, but not expensive
  • Toddler friendly

I thought Little Sister would be perfect. But it’s sooo meaty, even some vegetable dishes have meat. Of course, being a vegetarian doesn’t mean you eat only vegetables. My vegetarians want something substantial. Any recs?

Thanks!

Or should we just go to Redbird? It’s pretty, perfectly brunch friendly, vegetarian friendly and I havent been yet, so…

I had a nice brunch with a great seafood porridge at orsa & winston

The menu has several vegetarian options.

2 Likes

Hah! I was just looking at your and @Chowseeker1999’s reports. Nice soundtrack. :smile: Oh and that bang to Friends & Family for blueberry ice cream proves that purple is definitely a fruit.

2 Likes

Take a look at ”Here’s Looking at You” brunch menu. I really like this place for brunch or dinner

1 Like

Bottega Louie or NoMad are a couple of option that should be nearby. Don’t know about the lines on a saturday morning. The atmosphere is beatuiful at both places.

1 Like

Love, love the biscuits at Manuela.

And the rest of brunch is pretty great too. Stop and see the Annie Leibovitz exhibit through April 14 at Hauser Wirth.

1 Like

Triniti

1 Like