Electric/Propane flat top grill

I’m so jealous :slight_smile: Our kids are grown so generally it’s just the two of us. With the pizza oven and smoker and regular grill just can’t justify anything else. So enjoy and think of others :slight_smile:

2 Likes

There are griddles designed to go on grills.

So far the only thing I would not cool on the griddle again are omelettes. My griddle is a little sloped so the egg runs all over the place. Pancakes came out great and so much better when you can cook 6 at a time.

3 Likes

Is the griddle sloped or the floor that the grill sits on? Could you level it from the bottom?

Hash browns and latkes
All kinds of variations on grilled cheese
Various “cakes” - mashed potato cakes, salmon or tuna cakes, smashed zucchini/squash cakes, etc.

1 Like

Sausages and cinnamon roll pancakes. Pillsbury 8 pack. Smash on one side then let them fluff up. Drizzle with cream cheese frosting.

8 Likes

Lunch with some noodles on the side. My wife loves using the flat top bc it minimizes the clean up and most everything tastes better out here.

6 Likes

do tell…

Squirt bottle with water is the key. While the grill is still hot spray a lot of water and scrape away the brown bits on the grill with a bench scraper. There is a hole in the back to accumulate the scraps and liquid. Spray more water from the bottle and clean off the grill with a towel. Very simple and efficient.

5 Likes

Thanks for all the photos and inspiration! Just got an outdoor griddle myself and going to do the inaugural cook this weekend. Shooting for smashburgers - let’s see how it goes…

2 Likes

Looks like you were already headed in this direction, but Yaki Soba! Can put pretty much any veg or protein in it.

Per Kenji, make these:

There is a downside to cooking onion burgers at home: Even with the best ventilation, the same onion vapor that permeates the bun and towel will permeate every porous surface of your home, including clothes, pets and children. If you have outdoor space, this is a simple issue to solve: Mr. Motz suggests placing your griddle or skillet directly on an outdoor grill, cooking and serving al fresco. (This also affords you the opportunity of adding some chargrilled flavor directly to the beef for a delicious variation.)

If you, however, are apartment-bound, open all the windows, find the strongest fan you can, and make sure all residents are in the house when you start cooking — you don’t want to be the only one smelling like onions all week.

4 Likes

mmmmm onions

3 Likes