Elite Seafood Restaurant in Monterey Park - Hosting a dinner for 6 in the private room on Sunday. Because if small group, ordering dishes rather than a banquet. Minimum bill is $400 and so here is my chance to try some of the slightly pricier dishes - but not the $50pp abalone. There are so many unusual dishes that are not available at other Cantonese restaurants. Here us our chance.
Here is what we have thought about:
- Roast suckling pig - too good to pass up even though available at other restaurants.
- Live shrimp in garlic - take advantage of their live seafood tank.
- Steamed Live Fish - rake advantage of their live seafood tank.
- Peking Duck - they do it well, but want to try something not available at other restaurants.
- Roast squab - they do well, but again looking for a poultry or preparation not available at other restaurants.
- Lobster - suggestions for adventurous style of preparation?
- Vegetables - Need several vegetable dishes.
Suggestions for uncommon great dishes?