Emails from SD CH posters

Like a bad penny, I just showed up! Plumeria??? How refined!

1 Like

I feel like I just ran away from home for the first time.

1 Like

She has not, and I do have her e-mail addy

What about Alice Q Foodie? I had not read a post from her for a long time, but maybe she was lurking?

and y6y6y6?

I donā€™t know that AQ is lurking, but she was on SDChow, so she has probably seen the e-mails about the move over here.

I donā€™t think y6y6y6 was on SDChow and I donā€™t know who he was in real life so Iā€™m not sure if heā€™s made the leap or not. Maybe someone else knew him

Just left Doc a post on his ramen topic. Hope he comes over.

Big Pappa Sledge is in da houseā€¦wooo hoooo

:kiss:

Me, too.

Go that right Flower Chicka!

ā€œMake new friends, but keep the old; one is silver, and the other is gold.ā€

From childhood Iā€™ve lived by this maxim, so here I am.

But this website isnā€™t exactly a step up from CH for me.

Absolutely none of the icon control buttons appear on my client (Desktop/WIN7/IE11), and although Iā€™ve figured out where some of them should be ā€“ and hovering over those areas brings up tool tips ā€“ itā€™s painful.

And then thereā€™s the absence of RSS feeds. There are none here, and thatā€™s what Iā€™m used to.

The site does offer email notifications, thank goodness, and so Iā€™ve created a new mailbox and a filter to redirect mail there. Iā€™m still trying to figure out the somewhat confusing ā€œmuteā€ and ā€œtrackā€ options. I just want to follow the SD board, and am trying to get all new posts there to show up via email notifications.

I know Iā€™ve just joined, but feel like a stranger in a strange land. Iā€™ll stick around (in the back of the room, like Rhoneley), smile and wave, and chime in from time to time. Because old friends are here.

Itā€™s been a long, sad four weeks for me. I opened the door a month ago on CH and got punched in the chest. It was like a cannonball had hit our happy house. But Iā€™ve recovered from that. I still think of CH as home, even if damaged and heavily abandoned. It feels Iā€™m in a refugee camp here at FTC, like a big open space with hastily propped up tents, but if this is the only place youā€™re going to be, I want to visit my friendsā€™ home, too.

Not to mention that I donā€™t want BC sending me off to Candy Mountain. :wink:

So Iā€™ll try.

There is nothing wrong with posting on both boards. More people on this board but the SD board is hard to ā€œseeā€ when it is put together with all (especially LA) west coast boards. The structure of this board is definitely a step back compared to CH for the SD board

Glad youā€™re here @DoctorChow.

And as @honkman noted, neither site is, nor should be, exclusive of the other.

Hey Doc, nice to hear from you.

The site is a little klunky for me, but I hope Iā€™ll get used to it.

At least the topics are easy to see and comment on.

The Doc is in da House!!
Glad I didnā€™t have to send your arse to Candy Mountain, Charlie. . .
:horse: :candy: :mount_fuji:

I felt like I was the kid that fell asleep in class and class was dismissed. Once I woke up everybody was gone and the lights were turned off and the door was lockedā€¦

As long as when you got home the locks werenā€™t changed and no one was there.

Aloha littlestevieā€¦
Looks like my posse is hereā€¦just need deckape, Salty and SMā€¦and of course, my wing chica, foodiechick.

Chopped liver, I am.

Your glasses look new.