Epicurus Gourmet (North Hollywood) - The New Epicure Imports

Mum’s the word on the thing I will not even mention.

I am so excited about the flours, cheeses and extracts, that’s actually the biggest draw for me. Anything else is a bonus : ) Playtime, here I come!

1 Like

Our grazing spread yesterday…

More than half of the items we had were from Epicurus. All the pâtés except the crock were from Epicurus…we were gifted with a chicken liver-Cognac from my aunt and uncle. Epoisses was the centerpiece of my formage selection. It was left out most of the day for snacking after a big breakfast. There was a Costco veggie tray and some fruit to be healthy.

9 Likes

Sobering moment today…dropped by to pick up some charcuterie and formage supplies for the weekend. Then I made the mistake of asking about foie…because I was stupid and forgot about the stupid law.
Still a wonderful shop with so many items. Picked up a couple of boxes of risotto rice for about $4.

3 Likes

I ordered some summer truffles today from them.

2 Likes

Shit…was that you that called in the order at 1PM? I was in the office when someone called at the last minute.

1 Like

Hahahaha yup!!

2 Likes

Here are the beauties

3 Likes

Inquiring minds would like to know what you did with the truffles?

I was in there today around 11:30. What time did you pick them up?

Truffles makes everything better

6 Likes

Picked up on Friday

Too bad. I would have liked to be another FTCer in person.

:heart_eyes::scream::heart_eyes:

Lovely!

Not to derail this thread but if anyone wants to split an order of Epicurus truffles I’d be down. I’m not too deterred by the price (because it’s more than reasonable like everything at Epicurus) but the minimum 3 oz or whatever is typically too large a volume for me to want to goof around with.

Before anybody starts chiming in with truffle recipes, I know there are myriad uses for it as an ingredient. I just don’t want to be compelled to use up about 3 oz of truffles, especially when there could be somebody else out there who might want a small taste before really diving in.

1 Like

I didn’t realize how much 3oz would be, but it is a lot if you’re not throwing a decent sized dinner party. Having said that, having too much truffles is never a bad thing. Just do it!

Make sure you call first because their email last week said it was the last week for summer truffles.

Round 2

3 Likes

I’ve been lurking for a while. Just joined to say I would definitely be down to split an order.

Awesome! I’ll DM for you for the details