Fake Paul's Kitchen Page On Internet

First of all, let me state that it is possible this could be part of an internet scam which could hurt your computer, so think twice before you follow the link, even though I haven’t had any problems. In the past few years I’ve noticed random internet pages which seem to automatically comb the web and then reproduce portions of text on a narrow subject. For example I’ve stumbled on webpages that contain a combination of gibberish, piecemeal references to a surprisingly large number of items I have written in various contexts, plus references to other people named David Chan having to do with Chinese food. More recently these pages have gotten much more sophisticated, without the gibberish, and nicely illustrated, like this item on Paul’s Kitchen, which actually is a very nice compilation. I gotta think there’s something nefarious going on, though, so any explanation of pages like this would be appreciated.

http://kharkovchanka.info/pauls-kitchen-los-angeles

I’ve been told by people who should know that those odd pages are gaming search engines, but I can’t remember the details.

Google black hat SEO and gray hat SEO.

1 Like