Fat + Flour - Grand Central Market / DTLA

Thanks, I think I’ll place an order next time just to be safe and not get shut out.

2 Likes

Fat + Flour x Clark Street Bread

Fat + Flour

hand pie | curry, greens
Quite nice. Big curry flavor with cumin. Flaky crust, slightly chewy (in a good way) but chopped up greens, and a melty piece of potato.

hand pie | cherry, apple
Didn’t love this one. The fruit is too stewed down to my preference.

Clark Street Bread

croissant

kouign amann

12 Likes

Did you order and do curbside pick up or did you walk in?

I texted in my order today but they asked me to walk in to pay and pick up because it’s a same day order.

1 Like

caramel pumpkin pie aka gourd pie
not as sweet and dense, I was hoping for a bit more caramel flavor.
texted order, paid over phone, picked up curbside

7 Likes

Same day order? I wasn’t given that option…

A few new things have hit the menu at Fat + Flour since they took a small vacation and start gearing up for Thanksgiving.

Rose Geranium Sugar Cookie

The newest cookie on the menu has a wonderful floral flavor, with a nice light and crisp texture to the bite. I don’t know if I want any other sugar cookie for the rest of time.

Peanut Butter Cream Cookie Sandwich

This is a Nutter Butter on steroids and better in every kind of way. The cookie itself is light, crisp, and packed with peanut flavor, while the cream is a bit more subtle so the sheer amount of it doesn’t overwhelm. What you get is a magical textural contrast as you bite down. If Chef Rucker can do this to a Nutter Butter, I’d be very down to see her take on the mighty Oreo.

Pumpkin Chocolate Loaf

Intensely spiced and chock full with pumpkin flavor, this cake makes it clear that Chef Rucker is keen to make the most out of pumpkin spice szn. There’s not much chocolate here—it’s more of an accent—but is a nice one at that. Compared to the pumpkin olive oil cake (a special a few weeks ago) this leaned a bit more traditional pumpkin bread, but mostly in form and intensity. It has only been offered as a seasonal special so far, which is a signal of Fat + Flour’s strategy going forward: have a standard menu of classics and favorites, and then a small number of daily one-off bites that offer some variety

11 Likes

same day

She’s complained about square space crashing on her so the system may have been down depending on when you texted

(new) japanese sweet potato pie, gingersnap crust, roasted sweet potato filling, meringue, candied ginger

hot damn this was so good, autumn in a pie. creamy, sweet, and with just a hint of spice. my favorite rucker pie so far. @TheCookie, @rlw, @hanhgry, @butteredwaffles, @foodshutterbug, @NYCtoLA

16 Likes

I think I just found our Tday dessert! :drooling_face:

2 Likes

Word is it’s going to be part of the holiday menu starting on Wednesday!

4 Likes

This looks so good.

1 Like

This is from 2 weekends ago – tried Fat & Flour for the first time. I walked in, and everything was available, but I got there right when they opened at 11 on Saturday.

Mini chocolate chess pie - really enjoyed this. Like eating a less sweet brownie in pie form. Whipped cream was nice touch to counter the richness of the chocolate. The chocolate cookie crust was good too.

no picture of this one
caramel pumpkin pie slice - Like @PorkyBelly, I thought there would be more of a caramel flavor to this. Still good, and the pie crust is nice and flaky. My husband loves pumpkin pie and I’m indifferent to it, so this was really for him.

peanut butter creme cookie sandwich - this was freaking delicious. like a fancier, giant nutter butter. I like this better than Bouchon Bakery’s peanut butter sandwich cookie (theirs is still pretty good though!). The cookies were soft enough and the creme filling firm enough so the buttercream didn’t squish out the sides when I took a bite. The creme filling was not dense or all that thick though, it was surprisingly airy/whippy.

11 Likes

open tomorrow for free cookies and handpies

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHHbs_qD9L9/

5 Likes

holiday menu and everyday menu now live on tock

6 Likes

Japanese Sweet Potato and Ginger Pie

Potato < Sweet Potato < Japanese Sweet Potato. This custardy banger comes topped with marshmallowy torched meringue and candied ginger that adds a subtle warmth to each bit. The ginger snap crust is a bit fragile, but carries a spiciness perfect for the fall season. It’s currently available as part of the fall menu as both a mini and full size.

This currently holds the pie championship belt.

15 Likes

For real that pie is no joke. The rose geranium cookie and cinnamon roll I’ve been waiting to get my hands on. Finally had the chance and way too good to be true.

16 Likes

Wow, that is high praise considering mango passion fruit cream pie champ. I need to get down there ASAP.

3 Likes

is this the world heavyweight champion belt or the F&F heavyweight champion belt?

4 Likes