Favorite garlic press?

Any recommendations for a great garlic press? We’ve lost the cleaning tool for our old Zyliss; also its design lets a lot of partially pressed garlic around the sides. We’ve done some research, and the only one that gets clear raves is the Kuhn-Rikon Epicurean, which (even with a discount) ends up costing something like $53 shipped from the manufacturer. (I know Amazon has them for $40, but apparently there are fakes mixed in with the regular stock.) Still a bit too much anyway. Based on the comments I see, the stainless steel ones are inefficient and very difficult to clean, the zinc ones corrode, and the plated ones shed plating into the garlic. Pretty discouraging all around. SO is arthritic so one that’s easy to use when I’m not in the house would be nice. Suggestions please? (also posted on the other board) TIA…

1 Like

I have an older model Rosle similar to this one except the sieve is straight rather than curved. The way the sieve is independently hinged makes it easy to clean with no special tool. 100% stainless steel.

1 Like

Personally I always use the side of my knife but in general rosle make very well designed products

Ah, I see why they curved the sieve. It scrapes the garlic off when you open it back up.

1 Like

I love mine. Good capacity and really easy to clean.

1 Like

Because I use minced garlic regularly, I use a Cuisinart Mini Chop. I put an entire head of cloves in, mince them up, then store in the fridge (with a drizzle of olive oil) in a small glass Arc bowl with lid. Lasts about a month.

What @OCSteve said. This is one uni-tasker that I really love.

2 Likes

I like the one from Pampered Chef. I don’t mince a lot of garlic, but it’s been the most efficient and less messy of all the ones that I have used over the years. It has a special cleaning tool… you can purchase another if you are afraid it’ll get lost…

Also, if you like that sweeter, mellow flavor of garlic that comes out a press… I’ve really been enjoying the black garlic granules that Trader joes has. They recently restocked. If for someone they don’t come back again… Mc Cormick also makes them…

1 Like