Favorites at Trader Joe's?

Sadly true. However, Trader Joe’s continues to carry frozen almond and chocolate croissant varieties from the former (delicious) frozen croissant supplier.

1 Like

I love me the Corn Chips with Elote Seasoning. I wasn;t a fan of these corn chips before… the Elote Seasoning is :ok_hand:

3 Likes

An unbelievable find at the Marina del Rey TJs - French Crepe Wafer cookies. I had one at home with some ice cream and it’s the real deal fan-shaped wafer.

I hope this one stays for a while.

Didn’t see this the day before at the West LA TJs- I always make a point to scope out the new product shelves so perhaps it debuted today?

2 Likes

I saw them @ the silverlake store last week out of the corner of my eye…not sure when they got them in…

1 Like

what section of the store did you find them in? top of the refrigerated section with all the other cookies or…?

I saw them over by the ice cream.

I just got back from TJs (Hollywood) and they are definitely by the ice cream. They have waffle cones too—those may be new as well.

2 Likes

I saw them on one of the new product shelves @MDR. Haven’t seen them at my usual branches yet.

1 Like

I picked this up today—must be another new item. Looks promising.

4 Likes

Let us know please. I’m a little cynical about seafood things like this.

2 Likes

I usually am too—but I’m hoping for the best.

1 Like

Made in South Korea. Another country of origin hit, as good if not better than restaurant pajeon. No undercooked batter issues. Only downside it’s fully cooked so no opportunity to incorporate additional ingredients. Medium high heat works well if you want a crispier batter.

5 Likes

I keep a stash of those in my freezer. They are great plain or if I’ve got KBBQ leftovers…top them with some kimchi and leftover beef belly or bulgogi and maybe a fried egg if I’m feeling brunch.

4 Likes

Is this the one they’ve carried for some time now? I bought some a year ago and they were pretty greasy.

Not sure how long they’ve had it. I just noticed it yesterday.

They’ve had it for a while. I throw them in the oven on a rack and then place drain them on paper towels…that helps a lot.

Has anyone seen the ube ice cream lately?

They have mango jojo’s right now, my favorite so far. Right next to the lemon meyer biscotti…

Also a thumbs up for the 3 pack of frozen jasmine rice - perfect when you only need 1 or 2 serving sizes. I would say it’s better than all but the highest quality take out rice, and I’ve certainly paid more for less at a sit-down.

Spicy little buggers

4 Likes

I finished a box of those wafers. Half in the car ride back home and half right now while my dinner is warming up and with a bottle of Hitachino white ale

I also found Brazil Nuts. Good for men! I can’t find this nut at Costco or basic supermarkets. I bet Whole Foods has them but I really only go there for Humphrey Slocombe ice cream!

4 Likes

ok----I ate this the other night when I was way too tired to cook. VERY buttery and cheesy. The shrimp pieces are pretty small, but overall the flavor is decent. I should have had a side salad to cut through all of the richness.

6 Likes

People on the TJ’s Reddit are noting that it has been MIA. It might have been a special order like that super lite ice cream…