Favorites at Trader Joe's?

Ghetto TJ fish tacos - TJ breaded cod filet, tortillas, and tartar. Store branded salsa, tapatio. If you’ve had a Del Taco fish taco, it basically tastes like that.

Will try using Costco Trident fish sticks next.

2 Likes

I want to get the Costco ones also. But we’re trying to eat out of the freezer a good bit these days.

1 Like

I make tacos with the trident fish sticks all the time. They are really tasty!

Trident fish sticks, herdez green salsa, sour cream, chopped cabbage. (but not in that order!)

If I am feeling fancy, I thin out the sour cream with some lime juice and add garlic powder and cumin. But it’s good plain too : )

4 Likes

That looks/sounds a lot better than a restaurant/stand I went to in Laguna Beach in the early 90s. I asked if their fish tacos were authentic Baja style. They assured me it was. I got a cold flour tortilla with a Van de Kamp’s fish fillet, a slice of american cheese, shredded lettuce, and Thousand Island dressing. Ugh.

I’ve definitely paid more for less…

2 Likes

Always have 2 in the freezer

8 Likes

I’ve been meaning to get this. Glad for the rec.

1 Like

Damn! Put some good anchovies on that and you are done. Wow looks great

I got these anchovies through Amazon. Save them for special things.
Ortiz Anchovies (Anchoas), 3.5-Ounce Jars (Pack of 3)

2 Likes

Yikes! Ow!

So sorry.

Ok not my prettiest attempt but the taste certainly makes up for it: green onion pancake, bacon, kimchi, egg. Cook down kimchi in bacon fat like at Parks.

7 Likes

Bought one today! Lunch tomorrow?

We’re crazy about this! We also will be keeping these on hand. Thanks so much for the rec.

It was bubbling like crazy but not really getting brown so I hit broil for a couple of minutes.

Forgot to mention that we preheated the oven with the stone in it and then baked.

2 Likes

Ok much better this time. Needs more kimchi though.

2 Likes

get thee to TJ’s to stock up on this one:

2 Likes

We have now eaten all three ‘varieties,’ loved them all and bought one each more.

Da bomb for summer

2 Likes

Two-fer Thursday. Another frozen rice entree > than what you’d find in many Thai restaurants.

2 Likes

Word on the street is that the frozen croissants that used to be in the freezer section in a box are no longer available, and replaced by frozen croissants in a bag which are terrible.

1 Like