Favorites at Trader Joe's?

Patòn-Clemente La Mancha Tempranillio Crianza 2015. This was so good I assumed I had bought it at K&L. $5 at TJ’s.

5 Likes

I usually only get their sardines in water( for the omega 3) the organic arugula, organic cauliflower, whole grain mustard, and the kugel from Racine, Wisconsin (what a treat, and get the frozen one).

3 Likes

Sriracha and Roasted Garlic BBQ Sauce!!

Haven’t used it for the grill but this week alone I finished the damn bottle with Costco $5 chickens (chicken, rice or quinoa, veggies meals)

3 Likes

Haricots vert. Boil for six minutes and then season.

Stopped and picked up a few bottles this morning. Thanks for the tip! Your rec for Picton Bay SB was also a winner. That’s on our regular rotation.

I think it’s $2.99 a bag. Great for acai bowls, oatmeal, smoothies.

2 Likes

combine with some of TJ’s full fat greek yogurt, honey, and granola for an amazing (albeit unhealthy) breakfast.

4 Likes

I’ve got an almost one year old toy poodle and he gets a snack every day of either that or their cottage cheese. It’s REALLY good.

+1 —although I usually pass on adding the granola. I actually hack the yogurt by mixing some of the 0% vanilla flavored greek yogurt into the full fat yogurt. It adds a touch of sweetness without adding honey and also thins out the full fat yogurt a bit.

Love those berries!! They remind me of the wild blueberries that I used to pick as a kid when I went to summer camp (New England and upstate NY).

2 Likes

I used to think these lemongrass chicken stix were just ok until I started combining them with Chick Fil A Polynesian sauce. Now I buy them 3 boxes at a time.

3 Likes

Got some Sonoma Brinery pickles at the El Cerrito branch. Is that new? I always keep those on hand.

1 Like

My wife’s best friends husband works for Southern Wine & Spirits. He said that the best wines at TJ are any of the platinum reserves. They vary by producer but the TJs platinum reserves are $14.99 and would retail at $30 elsewhere.

5 Likes

Watch the lot numbers on those. The wines can come from different producers with different styles. E.g. if you love a bottle of lot #34, don’t buy a bunch of lot #35 without tasting it.

2 Likes

The only Platinum Reserve they had at the branch I went to today was an Atlas Peak cab. Not my style of wine but if you like that sort of thing you’d be hard-pressed to find a similar one at that price.

Just picked up wild caught langostino tails. Trying it in a salad tonight.

1 Like

this is an excellent product that seems to last a lot longer than it should in the fridge:

1 Like

That’s great to know. I’ve seen it. Thanks.

I wish I had a grill to cook it on (and some outside space for a grill)…but it comes out very good in the oven too. I put the chicken on top of some cut up potatoes to absorb the chicken and marinade while roasting.

4 Likes

I have thus far only prepared it via oven. For me the jus is the secret - tastes like liquid cocaine.

4 Likes

We love it, too. Was it @Dommy who first mentioned this way back when? If I had to nitpick, the jus is a WEE bit too lemon-y (although I still run the breast in the jus b/f plopping it in my mouth). But that really is an almost petty criticism, given how good it is.