Fort Lauderdale Eats

We’ll be in town for about day before hopping on a ship to the Caribbean in March. We’re traveling with friends, currently no kids on this trip. What’s delicious to eat? Casual meals preferred because I don’t know what everyone’s budgets are for vacation eating (so about $20-30 per person including tax and tip, but not including drinks). All cuisines open to consideration. Bonus points for Key Lime Pie locations…it’s my husband’s favorite and we try to try as many places as we can while in Florida.
Thanks!

For future lurkers. I had a pleasant Nicaraguan meal at Hacienda del Sol in Fort Lauderdale.

1 Like

I’m close by in Delray Beach visiting friends and there probably aren’t many good places to eat. Nobody here is wearing a mask. The cheese steak at midnight was pretty good.

4 Likes

Pizzacraft Artisan Pizzeria in Ft Lauderdale. Portnoy gave them an 8.1. Good crispy no flop pies. Nice distribution of cheese and sauce. Added spicy aoppressata to the sausage pie which was balanced with sweet onions. Very happy. The spicy rigatoni vodka wasn’t Carbone level but cooked to a nice al dente. Good balance in the sauce with some heat, fresh tomato flavor and cream. Would be happy eating these any time.

3 Likes