Fried Chicken Rundown

:smile: @Chowseeker1999 has suggested I try Country Level. It’s milder. That’s my next HR’s move.

1 Like

Very funny. I’m with you. But I got lucky. My husband was in traffic on the freeway and impulsively decided to get off downtown and pick some up. I guess waiting in line for fried chicken is better than being in traffic. Anyway, he said it wasn’t so bad. It’s kinda’ social and communal.

Stevie’s Creole Cafe - Pico Blvd., Mid-town

I just love this fried chicken. Not because it is free-range or has any kind of pedigree (Nashville or Tennessee) and it is definitely not health food. It’s just a good, no frills, perfectly cooked, country fried chicken.

8 Likes

Murphyphobia.

Old enough to remember Orion system to register for a class you need to graduate which is only offered once a year, only to be told by a disjointed computer voice saying that the class is already full, and you are #56 on the wait list.

1 Like

shudder

On a related note, I’m also a guy that waited in line for an hour and 45 minutes at Franklin in Austin only for the customer directly in front of me to get the last of the brisket.

That was the last time I waited in a line of any significant length for food.

Howlin Rays closes the line and serves everyone that gets in before then. Utterly terrifying that Franklin doesn’t do something similar.

I had a 3 year at why HR Howlin+ sandwich, Baohaus Taro Fries and Burgerlords x Wax Paper Mashup after hitting Gjusta for huevos rancheros and pastries.

The line at HR is super bad, 2 hours minimum all day today, but just nothing like those Howlin spices. Works well for bang banging since you have to take some time to digest in between haha

That looks really good!

1 Like

@TheCookie you went of a fried chicken rampage!

Thanks for the pictures.

1 Like

Nice updates!

Bummer about Gus’s, but I understand! Did ya at least get a fried pickle? I dream about those lil heart attack spears. The best I’ve had.

And I also like Post & Beam. Haven’t been for a while, though. Gotta get back.

1 Like

I don’t think that they are open on Tuesdays…

Wed and thurs. whatever. Point remains lol

Anyone ever been to Dulan’s? Someone in line at HR the other day said it’s better than HR. Guess his friends were forcing him to go to HR though. First person I’ve heard say a place was better than HR.

We’ve been to Dulan’s on Crenshaw (there are others). We’ve not had the Fried Chicken. However, the Smothered Pork Chop is to die for and you will die, cause it’ll take years off of your life.

Here’s @Dommy 's review from that other site:

2 Likes

Interesting. Too bad about the fried chicken. I wonder if it really is mystically good but overshadowed by that pork chop ?

You’re welcome. Hah! This is over a period of time. I do admit having a passion for fried chicken and actually have more to post.

1 Like

No, but since I live close maybe I’ll stop by just for those :blush:.

We didn’t have the Fried Chicken, so we don’t know

1 Like

That was a good review. Thanks!

I picked the husband’s brain more about his Howlin’ Ray’s experience. Apparently he got lucky too. It was almost closing on a Sunday. Even the parking attendant said he was too late and was not “getting any chicken today.” He waited less than an hour and you see the result :yum:. He also said chef Zone is super friendly.

Happy Fried Chicken Eating!