Fried Chicken Rundown

Proper fried spears? With ranch dipping sauce??

I thought those only existed in Texas! Hot damn!

1 Like

Yessir. The whole dang spear. Choice.

This is a proper food tip! Can’t believe this detail has been ignored!

1 Like

Sitting here at Bale Valley in Canoga Park for their glorious fried Cornish game hen. 8 fucking dollars.

11 Likes

Love Cornish game hen. My mom made them a lot when I was young, but I don’t see them much anymore. Looks delicious.

Use to be $6.95. It’s a tasty platter indeed

Used to be $1.99 in Little Saigon!

1 Like

Makes paying $32 for a fried Cornish at Here’s Looking At You really sting, no matter how cool the chocolate in the batter was.

Can overheard really account for a 4x price differential?

That looks roasted, not fried. Crazy value, regardless.

1 Like

This is how it looks on the menu (#53) Although the Vietnamese description is totally wrong because it says grilled in Vietnamese.

3 Likes

I saw a raw cornish hen at Gelson’s on
Friday for $15.

Just mentioning for comparison sake.

That’s ridiculous.

Was it a pack of 3?

Negative. I was kind of blown away. Maybe they were organic. I walked away too fast to notice.

I could be wrong.

What? You got spears?? They were chips when I went.

I smell favors. POLITICAL favors.

2 Likes

…Ready for a little more.

Fried Chicken & Wasabi Honey Sauce - Blue Ribbon Sushi Bar & Grill, The Grove

Not a lot of offerings at The G. However, I still should have heeded J_L’s opinion of the sushi. It’s not all bad, but that’s for another thread. But winner, winner, chicken dinner :heart_eyes:! It is coated with ground matzo, fried & dusted w/shichimi togarashi (also note the trail around the plate), served w/wasabi honey sauce. This is fantastic: Slightly spicy, perfect amount of crunch, incredibly juicy, and I don’t know what, but there is a lot more going on with that sauce than honey and wasabi. Plus the matzo makes it not quite as heavy as flour coating or batter. It is delicious.

8 Likes

The Brentwood does really good fried chicken. Good fries and onion rings too.

Wow that plating is :ok_hand:.

2 Likes

Oh yeah. I think I’ve read about it. Puttin’ it on the list.

Yes. There are definite flaws with the sushi. But the plating at Blue Ribbon is beyond.