Frying pan for shallow frying

If you don’t mind the PFAS giving you cancer.

Oh, give me a fucking break. At normal kitchen temps that’s been disproved so many years ago.

3 Likes

? That’s just the truth about how people use their non-stick pans. It’s very easy to use them outside of recommended temperature ect. :man_shrugging:i doubt 90% of people using them are very careful and most of the rest think they are being careful but really are using them too much and too hard.

I use mine as little as possible and believe in replacing them frequently. I specifically didn’t say i treated my pans that way. Heck i treat them like black steal and wipe a thin layer of oil on them after they are hand washed, dry and cool before putting away.

Believe the manufacturers and EPA if you like. Though if your nonstick coatings last forever without getting scratched you’re likely not getting any from that source.

IIRC I’ve bought an entire set of induction capable, non-stick cookware at Costco in the $200s. I’m too lazy tonight to take pix but maybe some day.

I saw the sale prices when I clicked a few hrs ago, and now it’s gone! Argh!

1 Like

It was only a 24 hour sale. I have the entire Misen repertoire of non stick pans. While I am a huge fan of the company I don’t think their non-stick is any better than the “budget-priced alternative”, https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000658GT6?tag=serieats-20&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1&ascsubtag=5130025|n2cd75f69789d40a0aab9c7af821c64e206|B000658GT6. Which is a lot cheaper. Granted I only use non-stick for eggs. My 8" Misen non-stick fell off the pegboard and dented,

Not sure you can see it in this shot, but the 11 o’clock rim is definitely misshapen.
Doesn’t really matter, and Misen would probably replace it (they are a great company), but I don’t think it’s worth the extra money as both pans, Misen and the budget option, make great omelets. Sorry I don’t have a picture of my Boursin omelet with chives. I love chives!

2 Likes

Regular all clad steel pan gets lots of use here but if something might stick it’s always cast iron

1 Like

A “French omelet” I assume. I planted a bunch of herbs in planter boxes last fall and the chives have done the best. It’s so great just to take your scissors to them.

1 Like

I think I can kind of see the “dent.”

I had actually been eyeing the 10-in steel pan and cast iron grill pan/lid that were also on sale. :wink: What are your favorite items from Misen? The carbon steel and knives?

1 Like

The knives are great. I retired my Wusthof cutlery, wedding presents from 34 years ago, in favor of the Misen. I do like the carbon steel pans, but it is the Dutch oven that stands out. The Le Creuset is gathering dust while the Misen is used regularly.

3 Likes

I do want to report that while I like the quality of the misen pans we do not use them often because of the heaviness. If I had known they were super heavy I wouldnt have bought them not super practical for daily cooking use.

1 Like