FTC Buyout #2

Just throwing this out there. Sei buyout isn’t really an option in the near future because they’re severely understaffed with both FOH and BOH.

3 Likes

What about the new Mori sushi? Might be fun to get in early on this place

https://www.morinozomi.com/

2 Likes

Didn’t they close? Even started selling their items too.

maybe they would repeat it as a standalone event?

5 Likes

Add me in please! (Serious)

not a buyout - but we can do the private room in Kato.

We just did our astrea company dinner there. And since it’s a private room you can mingle to your hearts content.

5 Likes

Down for that idea too especially if Sergio will cook off menu.

1 Like

probably unlikely.

Kato private room sounds grand as well.

2 Likes

I would be in on Kato!

2 Likes

Kato private room I would definitely do, +1

1 Like

So the new options seems to be:

• shunji
  • Kato

Some people voted twice. Could everyone vote again based on the three listed above so I can get an accurate head count?

Otherwise, I’ll just hunt the “duplicates” later tonight or tomorrow.

Edit: removing PRD since all talks about this place seem complicated.

2 Likes

kato

2 Likes

I’d be fine with any of the three (but I do admit that round tables would be more conducive to conviviality).

2 Likes

Could I be put down for a maybe (1)? (not sure if maybes vote, definitely yes if a chef Johnny project is an option, otherwise depends, kato also sounds good)

1 Like

is this even possible? I don’t think he has anything in the kitchen anymore.

Down for any option so long as the date works out.

And thus I think a dai pai dong (open air wok street banquet-style) concept might be fun. I envision that the cost per FTCer would include the overhead/equipment rental of course. But of course at the end we should defer to the expert @JLee

2 Likes

Yeah I’m like 99% sure @JLee won’t be around (or want) to do this. Same w/ Shunji unless you want to put down $1000pp (but what do I know). Maybe +1 for Kato though…

5 Likes