FTC Buyout #2

Im down if it’s a whole restaurant buyout, guessing im outta luck at this point if its only the back room

1 Like

Frankly I think there’s enough interest for a whole restaurant buy-out at this point. But the sticking point is the exact date…

7 Likes

i’m a VERY strong depending-on-date

Very Strong (2) depends on date.

Yes. It’s huge. I’ve been to the location like twice. The bar has like 4 maybe 6 seats and it’s on the right side by the entrance. The main dining area is on the left side with the kitchen in the center basically. I think I remember the main dining area having either a 68 or 168 capacity. I didn’t remember seeing the other room, but maybe it wasn’t ready when I went?

I went to Kato like within the first year they opened in row.

I did the bar menu a la carte before they added the bar menu and also do their regular dinner menu in the main dining hall.

As far as I know, there is not a separate private dining room at Kato. What they would use is the back part of the dining room that has doors to shut it off from the rest of the space, similar to the private dining room at Momofuku. I’ve sat there a couple times on a regular night. The rest of the dining space is maybe 2x the capacity?

2 Likes

quick update

it’ll be in the PDR in the back. - still trying to figure out the cover count. A lot of moving parts for cover purposes as they try to figure out the cost/logistics of it. So the PDR probably can’t fit more than 15-20.

They are still sourcing plateware for it so won’t have a date for me until they do. But tentatively Juneish

will update everyone when I hear more.

11 Likes

If John and the team needed till July, that would be much better given my travel plans :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Sorry for lack of updates

So I talked to Jon

They have dishware coming in the next 2-3 weeks

Trying to target end of June early July

2 tables of 8

Will firm up the date in the next 2 weeks. But please let me know your interest if you’re open in that span.

6 Likes

let’s go +1

2 Likes

in

1 Like

Yes. Let’s go

1 Like

In for 2 if after July 4.

1 Like

In for 2 after July 7

1 Like

Im in!

1 Like

I’m down (+1)

1 Like

I’m still in as a single.

1 Like

In (+1) if late June. July schedule a bit more tough. Thanks!

1 Like

Yes yes yes! Im in as a single.

1 Like

If there’s room for two more we’re in.

1 Like