FTC Confessions

The food stylist should lose their license too

5 Likes

All that styling, and no bag of chips. Boo. ;-D

2 Likes

This is the Italian sammy at Faccio’s in NYC. It’s an unpleasant salt bomb with the amount of cured meat packed into the sandwich. I always buy additional rolls and rearrange the ingredients into 2 (or 3) sandwiches. I really wonder who actually thinks these are good packed this densely? Looks extravagant but not practical…

Pic stolen from the web

4 Likes

That’s a lot of meat but appropriately stacked. Is this place near John’s Pizzeria on Bleecker?

1 Like

Yup that’s the one. Good ingredients and bread, just too overloaded in the standard form.

1 Like

Please stop with the chicken sausage. It’s gross. Sausage is meant to be made with pork. That’s all.

3 Likes

i had a great Kanpachi sausage at Holbox. :grinning:

3 Likes

Morcilla, while technically pig, is also bloody good.

2 Likes

That sounds weirdly good.

All blood sausages are great. At least the ones I’ve tried. Korean dipped in salt, in London with beans, back bacon and mushrooms. I don’t think I’ve ever had morcilla.

3 Likes

don’t let @TheCookie hear you say that.

3 Likes

Haha… I’m not the sausage eater in the family but I do prefer the chicken! I do :hearts: a good beef hot dog, though.

1 Like

Ditto!

Yes!

1 Like

You have not had Sausage from Mama’s Chicken…

I am a huge fan of ground chicken. It lacks the texture of Ground Pork or Beef… but holds on to flavor so much better. I’ve had some awful ground pork, beef and turkey. Rarely is ground chicken musty tasting or distracting.

That being said, while I do like all beef hotdogs and ground beef dishes in general… I’ve had nothing but bad experiences with beef sausage.

3 Likes

This! I thought it was me. I love turkey but turkey burgers have an unfresh funk that I’m going to start calling musty. Ground chicken is not dense, tastes fresh, chickeny, is juicier and, yes, holds onto flavors so much better.

1 Like

Are hot dogs = sausages? I kind of feel like they are ice cream and gelato. Similar but not the same. I’ve never had a beef sausage before because that sounds kind of weird. But I only eat all beef hot dogs preferably Hebrew National.

3 Likes

@TheCookie – The only decent things I’ve made with ground turkey is Spaghetti and meat sauce… it’s the only thing that covers up that dull musty flavor…

@js76wisco – Technically, Hot Dogs are sausages. While we don’t eat a lot of beef… I do enjoy it, but my main issue with beef traditional sausages usually comes with the added tallow. UGH… so not only does it taste weird… but it has that smell. ugh.

2 Likes

Steamed or Grilled?

I think a hot dog is a hot dog and a sausage is a sausage.:slightly_smiling_face: The only beef sausages I think I’ve had were from Pete’s Louisiana Sausage on Jefferson and Woody’s BBQ on Slauson (probably from Pete’s). Tastes like beef chorizo.

1 Like

Yeah @Dommy, you made me think of one ground turkey recipe I like from a friend. Ground turkey w/chopped scallions & garlic, lemon juice, pinch of cayenne, salt & pepper mixed-in. It makes them juicier and hides the funk.

Now back to our previously scheduled programming…

I like Jack in the Box fries more than McDs now. :grimacing:

2 Likes