FTC Confessions

Hah! I’m curious about the Crab flavored Utz Chips.

My sister orders from Target frequently. I mentioned this thread to her and the Target option in a passing conversation. She just told me she threw a bag of the crab flavor into her next order and gifting it to me. So I guess I’ll know in a couple of weeks what they taste like.

4 Likes

Report back. :grinning:

1 Like

I find they taste a lot like Old Bay with a touch of funk. Not my favorite… way salty.

2 Likes

We’re big fans of Old Bay and put it in our popcorn frequently. The salty OTOH is concerning.

2 Likes

At the beginning of the stay at home orders, I ordered a box of the Utz crab chips from Utz’s website. They were gone within a few weeks :joy: They’re not to everyone’s taste (and can be pretty salty) but as a Marylander, they taste like home to me :heart:

7 Likes

Ha!!! I can relate… I put in a special favor for a box of Munch! I did several other “Only the things I love!’ Orders as well… :joy::joy::joy:

If you like beer… the Guiness blonde is brewed in Baltimore and tastes great with some seafood or crab chips… been really enjoying it this summer! I had one last night with tacos. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Utz brings back Philly memories for me. Now Utz chips are available from Tripp Burgers Pop-Up (West L.A.), near Palms & Sepulveda… And a really tasty smashburger comes with that bag o’ chips as well!

3 Likes

The deal with Tripps is that the chips come with the burger… so don’t forget to pick them up! They are just on the side. :slight_smile:

So does Cook’s Illustrated. The Utz is their top-rated kettle chip, IIRC.

Good to know they need to ordered, b/c I couldn’t find them in my local supermarket.

1 Like

Like I originally said, the Utz comes with a side of burger. ;-D

2 Likes

I love breakfast served to me better than dinner .

3 Likes

Ugh… Don’t knit and post… LOL!!

2 Likes

i have enough takeout bags to start my own takeout bag buy back company.

9 Likes

I know quite a few people with that very same problem.

1 Like

All the plastic containers are beginning to stack up over here at my house

4 Likes

My solution is I cook extra stuff and send it to my parents. My Mom loves hoarding/collecting higher quality takeout containers.

5 Likes

I started using the small high quality ones as prep containers. Mise en place is now actually a thing.

5 Likes

This drives me absolutely nuts. Who the hell thinks this is the right way to build a sandwich? All of these pictures on IG and all people who own sandwich shops that build sandwiches like this should lose their sandwich making license.

Who wants only pepper and eggplant on the left bite? Can I interest you in a cheese and eggplant bite on the right?

I would have to spend 3-5 minute rearranging this sandwich. This is madness. This sandwich looks really tasty by the way.

10 Likes

For sure. But this is a photo from Food & Wine. The sandwich may have been rearranged by their food stylists post-handover to ensure maximum Instagrammability.

1 Like