FTC's own (ex?) Kevin's LA Weekly piece on Hagop's Lebanese kebabs

free comps here they come!! woot-woot. Do ME restaurants comp? Is @kevin the only (sorta) kosher writer of food in LA right now? I don’t even think rob eshman keeps kosher.

1 Like

Methinks that be the case as of now…

The Jewish Journal might have a Kosher food writer, who knows……

1 Like

Good point. Maybe that’s kev’s next conquest?

lol. I think he’s probably better off @ the Times.

dunno, but I do love me a lil anecdote involving a trip to Brent’s on the back of a Harley.

1 Like

I’m thrilled for him. He seemed so sweet and I always enjoyed his writing - his voice was so clear.

3 Likes

[quote=“TonyC, post:46, topic:3352”]
dunno, but I do love me a lil anecdote involving a trip to Brent’s on the back of a Harley
[/quote] Me too. It pretty much describes me & my “old man”… that’s biker speak :wink:

1 Like

imho, the way he was being treated here was more like “casting pearls before swine.”

(and, imho, that is being kind about the poor treatment to which he was subjected on ftc)

I guess I missed that chapter. I thought he did well here. I thought he garnered a lot of fuckin’ respect.

funny. my sister sold her Harley, but I’ll tell her to start pestering my BIL to take her to Brent’s on his. (they live in Woodland Hills, so really no excuse)

1 Like

mcmichael:
you must have missed the last of it.
brutal piling-on mean-girl-style
imho, totally horrible
although it started in the los angeles section, it continued in the “site feedback” section.

after that toxic horror show, he never posted on ftc again, understandably.

Hi @westsidegal,

Uh, what “brutal piling on”? I think you’re blowing it out of proportion. There were plenty of people who liked Kevin here and had no issue. And he stopped posting due to a private email that went out from the mods asking him why he posted in 2 different styles (so extremely). It was never mandated he had to stop cussing or stop posting.

He chose to stop posting after that email.

chowseeker:

i never said that anything was mandated nor do i believe that the issue of whether or not a mandate was involved is important here.

also, i well know that there were people here who like kevin because:
a) i’m one of them
and
b) there were a few of us that were actively posting objections to the piling-on WHEN it was transpiring.
we were posting in his defense and on his behalf while this whole thing was going down.

thanks anyway for trying to 'splain things to me.

Hmmm?

O well, party on.

another sighting

3 Likes

This one is particularly well written - “pesky cephalopod” “somewhat diffident” “hefty dollop” - I hear his true voice very clearly. Nice work @kevin!

2 Likes

And that aint no fuckin joke!

1 Like

He keeps asking the sushi chef where to find the hookers.

4 Likes