Fun dine out last Friday, settebello Pasadena and Nersses Vanak Glendale

So, last Friday night to go to a friend visiting town for the evening. Four stops -all fun.

1. Golden Road brewery/pub off San Fernando Rd. Great way to get started. We got the kimchi fries which were the best kind of poutine like substance I’ve eaten. Split a flight of four, a pils, an IPA,a stout and another ale. All their own. Fun but parking is so tough now that just tough it up and pay the $5 valet fee.

2. Went up to Nersess Vanak in Glendale one block s of western on San Fernando Rd. Ordered very good Kashk-e Bademjan. But highlight was they had the soup/stew Dizi/Ab goosht. Lamb with chickpeas and vegetables. I haven’t had it since it was a place specializing in it in Westwood that brought the little wooden pestles so you could grind it at the table.
    This place has it and we split it. And he asked and they brought out a metal Pesko so you could grind it at the table.
    This place has it and we split it. I asked and they brought out a metal pestle for us to grind our portions. Incredibly good will be back.

Then over to settebello on Colorado. Part of guild pizza Vera napoletans. Split the margherita with water buffalo mozzarella. Didn’t think we would be able to finish it but it was so good that we just scarfed it down so fast!

Stopped at Dupars for pie, the new one on Lake Avenue a test which used to be the hamburger Hamlet. All in all very nice evening

5 Likes