Geezer / boomer rock: threat or menace?

Petit Trois omelet is shit. Lodge Bread sucks. So many hot takes! :grin:
Curious, do the controversial opinions extend to other things besides food? What highly-regarded music is actually garbage? Is The Godfather derivative?

5 Likes

Springsteen

3 Likes

Coldplay.

Cā€™mon. That was too easy.

6 Likes

Warrior: Mostly garbage, but somehow they wrote Clocks, which is amazing. The Scientist is good too.

The Rolling Stones are the most overrated thing ever.

3 Likes

The promised the show would start at 9 but didnā€™t come on until 915. 1*, do not recommend.

5 Likes

Definitely The Stones.

Theyā€™re Garbage. #ILoveGarbage

Garbage (the band)

6 Likes

Two votes for the Stones! I can see them being considered overrated, but garbage??!!! Sacre bleu! Wild Horses and Paint it Black alone elevate them far above garbage!!:rage:

2 Likes

I paid $500 for tickets and those MFā€™ers did not play Satisfaction. I was not satisfied.

6 Likes

LOL theyā€™re my favorite band!

1 Like

Usually there is something good to say about any well-regarded musical artist. With painters, however, Iā€™m not so sure. This ā€œmasterpieceā€ comes from an article entitled ā€œThe Genius of Cy Twombly.ā€

Anyway, about bread ā€“ The bread I really look forward to trying again is Bariā€™s focaccia.

2 Likes

Donā€™t forget the Beatles

2 Likes

Lodge is like that singer you heard raves about from others, then the night you see them they are pitchy and supposedly have a cold and yet everyone fawns after them bc of the hype.

1 Like

Saying you donā€™t like Lodge bread because itā€™s too scorched makes clear (unlike ā€œsucksā€ or ā€œoverratedā€) that you ate some and why you didnā€™t like it.

2 Likes

Spoken like one who has never seen a Springsteen concert from the first 5 rows. Yes, heā€™s old and a bit tired now, but for 20 years his was the greatest band in rock.

3 Likes

Five great songs: thunder road, born to run, prove it all night, Iā€™m on fire, racing in the street. I could take or leave the rest.

You havenā€™t listened to enough of the bandā€™s material going back even to the first record. No listing of the many great E Street Band tunes is complete without mention of ā€œRosalita.ā€ And the covers they do live are epic. Your loss.

Woops I forgot dancing in the dark. Okay I take it back. Heā€™s great.

3 Likes

actually thatā€™s the only Springsteen song that I likeā€¦ Iā€™ve disliked him since Born to Run

1 Like