Girl & the Goat - the Chicago original

It’s not like me to pass up goat liver mousse, but I’d had foie gras and pate a few hours earlier.

Really nice bread, house-made from spring wheat, dotted with nice crunchy bits of crushed wheat.

Duck tongues with tuna and black bean poke: dubious-sounding but totally worked, great combination of flavors and textures. Reminded me of what Izard made on Top Chef, where I’d be looking at how happy the judges were and thinking, well, that sounds weird, but obviously it’s good.

Confit goat belly with bourbon butter, lobster, crab, and fennel: similar story. As an effete snob I’ll say that the crab could / should have been better (where would they be getting it this time of year?), but it was a genius dish that made me forget that. Delicious.

Pig face with egg and potato stix (all mixed up for eating, when they present it you don’t see much but the egg), nothing dubious about that combination.

This sounded so much like something from Top Chef or maybe even more Iron Chef: Battle Miso that I couldn’t resist. Saltiest dessert I’ve ever had. With a few minor changes it could have been a savory dish. Very nice way to end a delightful meal.

Great service. Wine list could use some naturalization.

https://girlandthegoat.com/

2 Likes

Love that pig face. I remember the duck tongue being very good as well.