Girl & the Goat

Game for a pork face experimentation trip!
Curious question…no goat dishes this trip?

3 Likes

so they did say they will add the pig face to the menu?

I sure hope so. That was a highlight on their Chicago menu. This menu seems much tamer than what I remember.

Looks great, have my reservation booked for a couple weeks. No opening week hiccups?

Those paper towels look very absorbent.

2 Likes

the only hiccup, if you would even call it that, was not listing that there was meat in the oyster dish.

I think they brought in some folks from chicago (I think one was my server), so everyone seemed well trained. they definitely didn’t have a shortage in staff.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRFg3n-Ft86/

3 Likes

She borrows heavily from Asian cuisines. I think it’s the teochow popiah (wheat ) wrappers fried?

2 Likes

I was going to order the goat liver mousse but my server talked me out of it. I’ll try it on my next visit, aka very soon.

1 Like

what did the server say about it? That was the dish that caught my attention just because I’ve never had anything like it before.

just that it would be too much food.

2 Likes

Ah ok. I didn’t know “too much food” was in your vocabulary.

9 Likes

Extremely hard to believe they’re having any trouble sourcing pig heads.

it was unclear. they obviously want it on the menu but can’t right now.

Great report and photos, excited for my reservation in a couple weeks. Quick (and maybe dense) question - when you say some of those dishes are half portions, is it an option to order half portions of certain menu items, i.e. was your scallop portion $13 for that one scallop? Or were you saying those items are just small plates that are half a normal entree-size portion?

1 Like

thanks for looking out :smiley: - what’s the half size portion about? is that an option?? O_O game changer

3 Likes

the former. I was solo so they offered the option to order anything in the salad, and veggie sections as half portions. oysters and scallops can be ordered by the piece too.

11 Likes

Wow love the flexibility and pricing, even more excited to try more of the menu now! I always thought their Chicago location had great QPR too.

3 Likes

hiccup fixed

2 Likes

Interesting and brave to print a menu with moonfish on it.

Do you know if they have a bar area/hold it for walk-ins? My reservation isn’t for a couple weeks, but if I could walk in alone I’d definitely go try that.

2 Likes

yeah they have a huge square bar area with ~15 seats and I believe they set aside seats at the communal tables and some regular tables for walk-ins.

2 Likes