Good Tacos in Santa Monica, Hollywood, and Venice Beach?

Was planning on going to tire shop but it’s too far from where I’m staying and I’m already going to Sushi Gen for lunch when I go to Little Tokyo.

Look up Guerilla Tacos schedule. I think they are in Venice on Sundays - in front of Blue Bottle on Abbot Kinney.

Sonoritas on Sawtelle in Little Osaka - haven’t tried it but friends enjoyed it.

Tacos Punta Cabras on Santa Monica in Santa Monica is enjoyable, albeit tiny and parking sucks.

1 Like

Tacomiendo
Tacos Puntas Cabras
La Playita
La Isla Bonita
Many other’s like Tacos Por Favor - but me, not so much

N.B. Guerilla is slanging [sic] tacos at Choachella - and NOT in LA for a while (I guess they resume regular service 4/25).
Good morning Angelenos! For the next two weeks we will NOT be open normal business hours. We will be slanging tacos at Coachella! We will be back to normal business hours thereafter. Sorry for any inconvenience.

2 Likes

Can’t beat Guerilla’s in front of Blue Bottle Coffee on Abbot Kinney Sundays from 11am-2pm till June. Starting in June they will be at Smorgasburg LA on Sunday’s.

Tacos Por Favor opened in Venice, recently. Never have been to that location but the others are good.

I just went back to Tacomiendo (on gateway) for the first time in a while and I liked it better than Tacos Por Favor.

I’ve been dying to try Taco Libre. The owner also owns Frida’s Tacos.

Ditto

1 Like

La Oaxaqueña Truck on Lincoln near rose, great Mamelas.

–Dommy!

FYI

Guisado’s on Santa Monica is my choice and Ricky’s further east.

How is that new (ish) Guisado’s location?

Great. Sit outside, people watch. Chomp tacos.

Good to hear. Love the Boyle Heights/Echo Park locations, so I’ll have to stop by next time I have the misfortune of being in West Hollywood.

WTF? You’re cooler than Freddy?

Point. Counterpoint.

3 Likes