Great laist article on LocoL opening

Thanks so much, @aaqjr!

Just to follow up a bit, I went today, just before noon and it was busy but no line out the door. If you want to compare it to fast food/McD’s I was in and out the door in less than 5 minutes. Food wise I really enjoyed it and def want to try more of the menu. I got the Locol cheeseburg, wow really good for a 4$ burger, I would have never thought to put braised greens on a burger but it really works their meat blend is very beefy and holds up well to the assertive flavors. Love the bun as well, mostly because it’s soft, holds up and doesn’t get in the way. (a lot of buns on high end burgers are too bread-y and too sweet IMO). Machaca foldy was griddled, full of flavorful meat I should have asked for some hot sauce though!

Is it worth going way out of your way for? not really (unless you are a big Roy Choi fan) but if you find yourself on the 105 it’s worth the short detour

4 Likes

Nice write-up, @aaqjr! Glad to hear the lines are more manageable now. I’m definitely heading back when I get a hankering for their collard greens. Is that what they added to your cheeseburger? I can imagine those greens would add a lovely smokey counterpoint to a burger.

Yes, I believe so. I would order them as a side as well, they were very nice. It really is priced like fast food.

You mentioned it as well, but I wanted to say that the hospitality was very gracious and welcoming

1 Like

This is what I was wondering. I’m not down that way very often, although it’s not SUPER difficult for me to get to. I do want to try it eventually, though, b/c I like the idea of inventive fast food.