Grub Street: "The Best Pots and Pans for Every Meal, According to Chefs"

1 Like

I can’t really narrow it down to one. I use my All-Clad Dutch ovens, saucepans, and frying pans pretty equally. Purely on an aesthetic level, I used to covet Le Creuset’s cookware, but they’re too damn heavy for me.

At the top of my list 9-quart Le Creuset for braises and my Lodge cast iron skillet for all sorts of things, especially steak.

1 Like

I hear ya’. I love, love my Le Creuset and use it a lot in the winter. It was a gift from my boys. But I often have to get one of those boys (men) to lug it out & put it away for me. And if I don’t have a good handle on it, there’ve been a couple of disastrous spills when trying to put leftovers in the fridge.

2 Likes

Yep, those are both my go to pans. Perfect steak on the Lodge CI !

1 Like

The Le Creuset cookware is so well-made and gorgeous, but I’m a puny Asian woman. I know that if I used them regularly I would hurt my back. And I know, lift from the knees, but I’m too clumsy.

1 Like

I hear you. I’m a big white oaf. Weight (at least that of my cookware) isn’t too much of a concern

2 Likes

That’s funny. My cousin said the same thing. She bought a set of Le Creuset when she finally had her own kitchen. But she just gave all but one away. She said they’re just too heavy for her small frame.

1 Like