Gucci Osteria da Massimo Bottura

40 days and 40 nights!

1 Like

OMG - he is so adorable. The thai curry episode is wonderful.

Perhaps I am missing something, but how exactly do you watch the videos? The ones I saw on his instagram page were just like 2 minute q and a’s.

That’s not biblical at all lol…

1 Like

I got great tips on doing Béchamel this morning.

He really is amazing. Made for the screen!

1 Like

Open

delete

5 Likes

the food here is much better than it needs to be, given how most of the guests are more concerned with taking selfies than they are with the food. service is very friendly as before and the rooftop patio is one of the nicest i’ve been to. they were fully occupied on a wednesday night #roaringtwentiesarecoming

wish they still had the spaghetto cacciucco with scarpetta i had on my first visit.

hightlights
bread service
insalata di mare
tortellini
uni carbonara
cod
milk and honey

amuse bouche

butter with bee pollen

whipped ricotta

sourdough, lavash, raisin

crispy veal sandwich - hazelnuts, wild berries, balsamic vinegar from modena

insalata di mare - seafood salad, seasonal greens
this was filled with perfectly cooked prawns, scallops, baby squid, and razor clams.

spring is coming - white asparagus, burrata, buckwheat, seaweed

tortellini - parmigiano reggiano sauce

spaghetto cime di rapa - marinated anchovies, rapini, breadcrumbs
the spaghetti was made with cime di rape which gave it a herby, slightly bitter flavor.

uni carbonara - santa barbara uni, “guanciale”, burnt lemon
highlight of the night, wonder uni flavor throughout and the “guanciale” in this dish was actually crispy bits of calamari, brilliant.

cod as milanese - farmer’s market tomato terrine
crispy outside and really juicy and flaky inside.

patatine fritte - our fries don’t speak french - roasted chicken salt, evo mayo
i think these were steamed and then tripled fried?

milk and honey stick together - milk, honey and coriander
really liked this, can’t go wrong with milk and honey.

oops i broke the meringue - raspberry, shiso, buttermilk, almonds
a play on oops i dropped the lemon tart from osteria francescana, unfortunately this wasn’t nearly as good.

mignardise

18 Likes

I’m actually delighted that this place is good. Clientele aside, it’s further evidence that LA is a great food city if it can have well done, off the wall cooking alongside humble street tacos.

7 Likes

Fabulous. Great to see you back in full form. You wasted no time in hitting the ground running. :blush:

5 Likes

me leaving the house after getting vaccinated

AjarEquatorialBufeo-size_restricted

18 Likes

Omg! Hahahaha!

3 Likes

damn bruh… got me envious

3 Likes

I am normally not a big “presentation” person, but that dish looks so beautifully done that I might be willing to forgive it, even if it tasted like cardboard.

Glad to hear that the food overall is very good.

2 Likes

I’m tired of my shitty plating, I need to hire some pros.

2 Likes

Or just be like me, and “be one” w/ shitty plating. :smiley:

On a totally random note, I remember there was one contestant on MasterChef Canada (I think) awhile back, and I was totally amazed at how an amateur was able to learn to plate so beautifully…

1 Like

using beautiful ceramics is half the battle.

3 Likes

Warrior: We hadn’t been here before because it always shows as fully booked on Resy, but I finally realized you have to make reservations on their website. For me, this is by far the best Italian restaurant in LA. Outstanding execution and ingredients, good creativity, Instagrammable. Every dish receives high marks from me. Service was great. Didn’t look at the wine list. 7.7 Warrior Points.

Not pictured below is the insalata di mare, which was exquisite.

4 Likes