Guilty Pleasures

As far as guilty pleasures there’s something about chocolate frosted entemmens donuts or hostess donettes and the like that I really like when they r waxy and crisp on outside from being in the fridge.

My guilty pleasure is much more pedestrian than anything any of the others have mentioned. As one who eats few carbs, a guilty pleasure can actually be something as simple and delicious as the lemon pasta from Vincenti in Brentwood or the pasta with bottarga at Toscana.

1 Like

maudies5 - nice to see another new/old “face”

2 Likes

Well geez. Almost anything from Stans. A happy/sad thing!

I sometimes like to eat Americanized hippie Indian food at Govinda’s, the buffet in the Hare Krishna Temple. I like to make myself a big salad and help myself to curry, a samosa, and their halva. It’s all vegetarian and super cheap.

I’ve also been known to eat walnut shrimp at Panda Express. And yes, I do go to SGV for real Chinese food, but sometimes you just wanna eat comforting crud.

Vanilla IT’S-IT is pretty solid in my book too.

1 Like

Oh heck yes! (Though I’m partial to the mint one.)

A few of my guilty pleasures:
Pretty much any French cruller
Tater tots from the Dog Haus
Sofritas burrito from Chipotle (rice, fajita veggies, and sour cream)
McDonalds hash browns
Battered onion rings
Bittersweet chocolate sundae at Twoheys
Walnut shrimp
Fried bread / rolls at Clancy’s Crab Broiler
(I definitely trend toward the carbs.)

1 Like

I have a box of mint IT’S-IT in the freezer right now. I love mint ice cream in general, but I’m not used to the cinnamon-tinged cookies with mint ice cream. I might need to have another one to see if I’m more acclimated now. I do wanna try the cappuccino-flavored ones.

I had a soffitas burrito on Sunday. It was pretty good on a sweltering day.

Oh yeah, I also like the Caesar kale salad with blackened tempeh and the quinoa burger with sweet potato fries at Veggie Grill. Not healthy, but it fits the junk food remit for me.

1 Like

I confess to eating Arby’s roast beef sandwiches once a year. And the potato cakes. Maybe it’s the sodium.

…I love me a Top Round Roast Beef!

2 Likes

Chili Cheese Fries from The Hat. My arteries harden at the mere mention of the name.

Your forgot that it should be topped with some of their primo fucking dirty fast-food pastrami.

1 Like

This thread is like a 12-step program.

Okay, I’ve got one: Mallomars. Broken up and sprinkled over ice cream with chocolate sauce, whipped cream, and whatever else I can throw at the bowl.

2 Likes

1 Like

Where ??? Fucking only pastrami and cheddar ???

Jesus H fuck.

My makeshift arteries are fucking righting into utter fucking oblivion as we speak.

That’s a dirty foodies wet wet wet wet dream.

Oh there is chili under that layer of pastrami and cheese from The Hat. :joy:

2 Likes