Harry’s berries

Just picked up a case of Harry’s berries from eataly in century city.

Paid ten bucks for them (not sure if that’s a lot or normal pricing). Couldn’t resist because they smelled so good.

So good, some of the best strawberries I’ve had in a long long time. Totally worth it!

2 Likes

$10/lb?

Case? =
1 green basket
3 green baskets
1/2 flat
Or full flat?

If anything more than 1 green basket, that’s a great deal.

1 Like

It was a plastic case similar to the ones you find at a super market.

The packaging said 16oz/1 lb, so I guess 10 bucks a lb.

1 Like

sounds like you got one green basket. for reference the gaviotas are $8 for 1 basket or $23 for 3 at my fm. i think the seascapes are a bit more.

1 Like

Erewhon also carries Harry’s Berries. Think I paid $11.99 for one green basket?

1 Like

Yup. That’s the normal going price if you get it straight from Harry’s Berries booth at any FM.

2 Likes

Bristol Farms carries the same package for $12 so seems like a good deal to me.

1 Like

Yes same at Gelson’s I think, when they have them. Maybe 1.5 times the size of the green baskets at the farmers market?

1 Like

Bumping this. I have a Harry’s Berries request to fill for next week. Are there any recent sightings at Gelsons, and if yes, which one? The berries end point will be in both Hidden Hills area, and Pasadena. It’s a Wednesday delivery but I don’t think I swing out to SM Farmers Market and then deliver to each.

1 Like

They carry them at Farmshop in the Brentwood country mart. I’m a big fan of how they have transitioned into a mini fancy market and deli

2 Likes

They also carry them at Eataly and Co-opportunity market in Culver City (but they sell out quickly at Co-op so maybe call ahead). Not sure where you are but they are at the Torrance Farmer’s Market on Tuesdays, which has no line if you get there just after opening (8 AM). They now sell the gaviotas in the 1lb clamshell for $11 instead of the green pint baskets.

1 Like

Yep! We have bought them from Eatly and they were delicious. Just as good as the one we picked up at the Farmers market last week.

1 Like

Yang’s Kitchen in Alhambra (currently operating as an on-line market with curbside pick-up) has them.

2 Likes

Oh my goodness! I would not have thought to look there, thank you for the tip!

You’re welcome! Yang’s carries a rather eclectic range of delicious items; I’m very fond of the Santa Carota carrot-finished beef and of the Gone Straw chickens. The produce quality can be a bit hit-or-miss, though. But not the Harry’s Berries, fortunately!

4 Likes