Have friends coming in from out of town where to go?

I’d advise against bag boil anyway. Not a good way to cook delicate seafood.

What japanese food do they have?

Their chili has Japanese curry influences. Other than that, it’s straight hood food. Which in Los Angeles also includes teriyaki.

Pic ripped from Yelp.

1 Like

respectfully would not recommend musso and franks.
not anymore.
sad

1 Like

Went just days ago. Worst sit down restaurant meal, from food to service, that I have had in a decade. Maybe it was just on the day. Respectfully suggest not spending a nickel in that godforsaken tourist trap that is the work of the devil. They offered a free meal when guests complained by email, in detail. I’m not ever going to be hungry enough to use it.

1 Like

Playa Provisions in Playa del
Rey has lobster, oysters, crabs and an outdoor patio with an ocean view. We enjoy it; it’s got a bit of a beach town feel to it that landlocked out of towers might enjoy. Probably less pricey than Mastros & Providence. Great brunch & Bloody Mary too.

Not a bad shout, but I wonder if MB Post / Fishing With Dynamite in Manhattan Beach would be a better option for this type of feel.

If you do go to Playa Provisions for dinner, afterwards, skip the back bar, which will be a heaving din, and head over to the Harbor Room - supposedly the smallest bar in LA County. It’s a dive for sure, but they have a great juke box, and the drinks are strong and cheap. (Cash only)

1 Like

imho, the FOOD at MB post is far better than that at playa provisions,
the AMBIANCE at playa provisions is far better than that of MB post.

1 Like