Have you ever met a FTC/CH randomly?

Where at ???

This one’s an easy topic. Over my years on CH and the other boards, I’ve intentionally gone out with probably over 100 different virtual food board friends on my home turf, in other cities in the US and in other countries. Accidentally, I’ve run into probably 50 more, known either by sight (some had posted pictures with their posts) or by striking up conversations. Last night, we went out for Szechuan food with another couple (who we know after years on another food board) and accidentally ran into friends who we also know for years thru CH & Mouthfulsfood and a guy who we know thru MF as well… and they weren’t together. Pretty much some of the only non-Asians in the place & I think the staff thought it was funny that we all went over to each others’ tables to talk during different periods of the meal.

1 Like

150 people?..

Holy cow.

It seems like the same like 20 or so folks are the only posters. Do you make friends on lots of other food forums as well?

That’s fucking incredible.

1 Like

It sure was a great night.

And to be more disheveled.

1 Like

Quite a few times and usually has been a very nice experience.

A highlight was sitting next to @TonyC at Shunji’s and finding him most unlike the terror-inducing, fire-breathing Asian dragon he wants you to think he is.

1 Like

Weird, I always picture him as a really skinny, super prim and proper Asian kid, kind of like a young Asian Andy Warhol.

2 Likes

It must have been Bizarro TonyC. You were on the Westside - not East side - and any flammable liquids (including sake and shochu) would spontaneously explode within 50 feet of that fire-breather.

One time I saw a pretty hot coworker had CH on her computer at work. I asked her about it and she said she was an poster. I did some google searches and even found pictures of her at restaurants around town. It actually turned me off. I want a girl who posts on some board about juice cleanses,

1 Like

Really??? Fascinating. I wonder when I will get the chance to meet him…

BTW, just joking (sorta) about TonyC. IMHO, TonyC is is one of the most erudite master posters who throws what we eat at the wall to see if it sticks. If it does, he’ll let us know. If it doesn’t, duck.

2 Likes

Some years ago here in Vegas, we were at Origin India and overheard the couple at the next table talking about Chowhound. I asked, and it turned out it was janet of reno, from the SF board.

today is the 10th anniversary of our visiting flavor garden. i save everything so i still have pics of what we ordered.

the hot/sour potato noodle soup

a cold appetizer daveMP ordered.

scallion pancake

this beef roll put 101 noodle express’s version to shame

shrimp/chive dumplings

i remember when every table at FG had one of these ordered.

these were probably the lamb dumplings

and @J_L had stopped by beforehand and left a hong bao donation towards the cause.

5 Likes